Menu

Xyron Sticker Maker, anyone have one?

Are you talking about the Xyron X (150) or one of the other "adhesive" type things? If so, I have a couple. The largest one I have actually will take full sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper and put adhesive on the back, but I also have a laminating cartridge and a magnet cartridge - I use those more than the adhesive on the large one. But, when I scrapbook, especially when I have little pieces of paper elements for a scrapbooking page, I use the Xyron to get adhesive on the back before putting it on the page. Works better than other adhesives especially for small pieces.

Yeah, I like them a lot. The X wasn't my favorite - I didn't like how it did the oversheet as much as others.

They have changed the names, from looking at their web site. I have the 2 1/2" one and I like it a lot for smaller items.

I also have the 9" Creative Station and I use it for full size sheets that I need stickers, and a lot for laminating. I think for homeschooling I use the laminating the most.

I have the little "X" one and the hand-cranked 2.5" (I think?) one. The kids and I love them, especially for putting timeline figures in our books. Ds runs anything that will fit and needs to be sticky through it because he loathes glue, tape, and anything that might leave residue on his hands (it's a sensory thing). Dd just likes to make stickers, and I have to rein her in a little so she doesn't just waste the cartriges. Either of these could definitely be used by a 7yo, though I think the one with the crank is a little easier for little hands.

I'm glad you stared this thread. DD7 wants a sticker maker for Christmas. Would she be able to operate this?

I'm certain your dd would love it! My dd has been "scrapbooking" with me since she was 5, and knows how to use both the "X" and the "granddaddy" (as we like to call the full-sheet model!) We save the Jo-Ann and AC Moore weekly coupons for refills, which can get a bit pricey.