Menu

s/o baby names

LMD

So I love talking baby names, DH and I are always discussing them (no more babies planned at present!) and always bring up names we hear around.

What is your favourite 'I love it but would never have the guts to use it' name?

Or if you have the guts (and a DH with guts to match) and used it, what are some others you have loved?

What names would you love to see gaining popularity/making a comeback?

:D

I love baby names and always wanted to use Julietta, Magdelene, Calliope, Genevieve, Georgia, Romilly, Prudence, Mae, Pheobe, Felicity, and Esme for girls. Dh never liked them. With boys I loved Samson, Seegan, Ramsey and Malachi but Dh didnt. His only suggestion that we really disagreed on is Anjelle which he loves. Some of the names we love and used are Celena, Scarlett, Evangeline, Annabelle, Zeke, Elsa, and Rosalie. We also had chosen the names Beaudry Robert or Jasper Jameson had our last been a boy.

wow, some great names here!

I consider us pretty gutsy :D

Some names that we love, that we may or may not ever get a chance to see if we'd have the guts to use...

girls:

Inessa, Odessa/Odette, Emerald, Hazel, Ada. I looooooove Noelle, but DH doesn't agree (and I have a Micah as a middle name for one of my DS's).

boys:

Obadiah, Yvan, Enoch, Hedeon (DH loves this one but I haven't allowed it.), Vasily. We both really like Absalom but the biblical namesake isn't very nice...

I love Minerva with the nn Minnie. I don't think I have the guts to use it, but my husband is surprisingly not against it. It's a strong, ancient name which means intellect. How can you go wrong? I'm going to try it out when people ask for my name at coffee shops and restaurants for the next few months. :)

girls:

Inessa, Odessa/Odette, Emerald, Hazel, Ada. I looooooove Noelle, but DH doesn't agree (and I have a Micah as a middle name for one of my DS's).

I know a baby Ada. I think it's lovely. I also really like Hazel.