Menu

Craft for fall

RainbowSprinkles

We made these last year, but we didn't tie them to a dowel rod. Super simple and even the less-than-two-year-old played along. And here is a "fancier" version. (Just google coffee filter leaves in images and you'll probably come up with all sorts.)

Follow the link here to make a fingerprint tree with chalk (it is for weddings, but makes a cute craft--you could even draw your own tree)

Or for something a little more complicated...a felt leaf garland (make up your own version).

You could also make something like a wreath or garland out of pinecones/nature or cinnamon sticks. There are tons of wreath ideas out there if you start searching.

And for a little something edible...acorn cookies. ;)

That's all I can come up with for now--I'm not the most crafty person.

You can put leaves on a piece of white paper, then "spatter" with paint of different colors on top of and all around the leaves.

Then, when you lift the leaves up, you'll see just the white outline of the leaves with the colorful paint spatters all around it 'outlining' it.

You can do leaf or tree rubbings, too.

We have:

taken walks and collected different types of leaves and made mini books with leaf rubbings using fall colors.

made wax leaves... later though when leaves are turning colors by dipping them in hot wax.

painted pumpkins

made fall goodie bags for relatives.

Also, I really like to look at be different act normal, there are lots of fun ideas on there but there is soooo much to look at. You might save it for when you have time. You can see the fall links here :http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/search/label/Fall?updated-max=2010-10-16T09%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=20

What we're going to do is, I'm going to make a "tree" from construction paper. A life size tree for the wall and make the trunk and branches. I will have my children make up "leaves" in the colors of red, orange, yellow and brown in the shape of their hands. Then each day for the entire season of fall they will add the leaves and write on them what they are thankful for. Hope this helps.