Menu

No Good Deed...

No good deed goes unpunished, it seems :glare:

Got a card from MIL yesterday, talking about our surprise wknd trip recently. In it, she mentions us coming out again. Wolf and I shrugged it off, no biggie. Makes sense that of course she'd want us to come visit again, but also not something we're going to be able to do anytime soon.

Uh huh.

Well, apparently, we're going to her place for Christmas. :001_huh: At least, that's what she's telling ppl.

Too bad Wolf and I didn't know anything about it...or have the slightest intention of doing so. At all.

From her place to ours, its about 14 hrs. Part of the reason we met her the wknd we did was it was a halfway point btwn our 2 places.

2nd...travelling with a newborn, 3 other kids, in DECEMBER, with me 6-8 wks post partum, and RSD...yeah, just so not going to happen. Heck, Wolf doesn't want to do *any* long distance trips with an infant, at all, let alone in the winter. Through the mountains.

I'm just going to completely ignore this. Let Wolf deal with it, if and when his mother actually mentions it to him. I swear she stirs things up just for the fun of it, then sits back and says innocently, "I don't know HOW they got that idea...*I* didn't say anything..."

*sigh*

She's maniputlating you, or at least trying to. :iagree: Ignore her.

(I know this is easier said than done; I'm currently retraining my mil:tongue_smilie:.)

No good deed goes unpunished, it seems :glare:

Got a card from MIL yesterday, talking about our surprise wknd trip recently. In it, she mentions us coming out again. Wolf and I shrugged it off, no biggie. Makes sense that of course she'd want us to come visit again, but also not something we're going to be able to do anytime soon.

Uh huh.

Well, apparently, we're going to her place for Christmas. :001_huh: At least, that's what she's telling ppl.

Too bad Wolf and I didn't know anything about it...or have the slightest intention of doing so. At all.

From her place to ours, its about 14 hrs. Part of the reason we met her the wknd we did was it was a halfway point btwn our 2 places.

2nd...travelling with a newborn, 3 other kids, in DECEMBER, with me 6-8 wks post partum, and RSD...yeah, just so not going to happen. Heck, Wolf doesn't want to do *any* long distance trips with an infant, at all, let alone in the winter. Through the mountains.

I'm just going to completely ignore this. Let Wolf deal with it, if and when his mother actually mentions it to him. I swear she stirs things up just for the fun of it, then sits back and says innocently, "I don't know HOW they got that idea...*I* didn't say anything..."

*sigh*

I wouldn't ignore it. I'd get on the phone or email NOW! and say you got her note and are sorry to say you won't be coming because you will have an infant, etc. " Got your sweet note--Hope you are well! It sounds like you are under the impression we'll be coming for Christmas. Thanks for the invite, but we won't be traveling with the new baby. Just wanted to clear this up--we really did enjoy our visit this summer! Well, gotta run--good talking to you! Bye!"

Yeah, Wolf should do it. But you might have to. Do it now before it gets out of hand.

I wouldn't ignore it. I'd get on the phone or email NOW! and say you got her note and are sorry to say you won't be coming because you will have an infant, etc. " Got your sweet note--Hope you are well! It sounds like you are under the impression we'll be coming for Christmas. Thanks for the invite, but we won't be traveling with the new baby. Just wanted to clear this up--we really did enjoy our visit this summer! Well, gotta run--good talking to you! Bye!"

Yeah, Wolf should do it. But you might have to. Do it now before it gets out of hand.

:iagree: Nip it in the bud now, imho. That way it won't fester and linger "silently" in the back of your minds. Sorry she's causing trouble again. Family stuff is NOT easy - I fully understand!

She's maniputlating you, or at least trying to. :iagree: Ignore her.

(I know this is easier said than done; I'm currently retraining my mil:tongue_smilie:.)

Oh, I know. Its not the first time. She's arranged (without our knowlege) to have ppl pick us up to go to her church, and got the pastor to agree to dedicate Tazzie for when we got there...which we never did.

Its...interesting.

Honestly, neither of us considered this possibility. Apparently, we're a wee bit slow :tongue_smilie:

It wasn't from MIL, but her sister in law. If MIL talks to me directly about it, I'll address it, but ignoring the msg from the SIL. Just no point.

She continues to wow me; how do you stand it.

If not ignoring her would work, do it. But I think our mils are related and you can't reasonably or logically get through to them. They hear what they want and continue to bulldoze away because it's how they are. kwim???

Oh, I know. Its not the first time. She's arranged (without our knowlege) to have ppl pick us up to go to her church, and got the pastor to agree to dedicate Tazzie for when we got there...which we never did.

Its...interesting.

Honestly, neither of us considered this possibility. Apparently, we're a wee bit slow :tongue_smilie:

It wasn't from MIL, but her sister in law. If MIL talks to me directly about it, I'll address it, but ignoring the msg from the SIL. Just no point.

Is your relationship with your SIL also weirdish? Just wondering why you would ignore her note rather than telling her you haven't heard of any such plans and that you and Wolf would never attempt such a trip at that time with all of the considerations.

Honestly, I just don't want to deal with any of it.

The SIL is the one I dealt with mainly before when MIL was telling everyone how I'd cut and permed my hair, that insisted that b/c my hair was straighter when it was longer it *had* to be a perm.

By the time I had got back to FB, she'd signed off anyways, so I just ignored it.

So, I just don't even want to get into it. I don't have the paitence or the energy for more bull carp.