Menu

Do you have a desk?

It may seem a strange question, but do you?

I have a laptop and during the day I keep it perched on dh's computer desk. At night however I get "bumped off" as dh wants to read his emails and I end up on the bed, surrounded my lessons plans, textbooks and whatnot. I could go to the dining table but I can't very well leave my stuff there overnight (It could also well lead to creating a huge mess).

So do you ladies and gents have your own desk or do you move around (for those with a laptop I guess).

I have a desk, but it's in a separate room and I generally only use it on weekends and evenings.

During a school-day I prefer to use my laptop, so I set up camp on one of the more centrally-located sofas (I shouldn't leave it there overnight, but I do; it does create a bit of a mess, but I got over that LOL).

One of my brothers is in school, and we each have "our" spot on the sofa and "our" section of the coffee table for our books, laptops, and miscellaneous. It keeps us in the hub of the home during busy hours.

I have a lovely desk in my bedroom, but it rarely gets used, mainly because my bedroom seems to be the only room in the house that the internet won't reach consistently. DH is working on it :glare:. Otherwise I mainly use my laptop in the kitchen, either at the kitchen table or on a worktop. We do also have a desktop computer in the sitting room, but that is almost always being used by a boy.

Cassy

I don't use a laptop, so, yes, I have a desk for my PC. My husband has his own desk and PC in another room. I share mine with the kids. He flunked sharing in Kindergarten. (Kidding).

Thank you for sharing your pics. I tend to put whatever I am using back on the shelf and of course by the following day I've forgotten what I was doing (am I making any sense here???), or if I don't I wake up to find the bed "surrounded" by paperwork -not very romantic.