Menu

Any ProClick sales reps out there?

Alte Veste Academy

I have had a ProClick and all its accessories in my cart about 100 times and can't go through with the checkout. :willy_nilly: Every single time I'm about to click that button, I ask myself why I have to have this. Why can't I just use a three hole punch and throw the papers into a (1/2-1") binder. Then I see the beautiful workbook pages Veritaserum has made and think how much prettier they would look as a put-together ProClick workbook. The ProClick books just look so put together, so I keep putting it in my cart. It's in there again. Right now.

Someone, sell me? What features make it worth the purchase, besides pretty and sleek? Or is that enough? :bigear:

Think of it as a homemade spiral notebook that you can ADD and SUBTRACT pages from WITHOUT wasting money. How so you ask? Because you can zip and unzip the binds over and over and over. :D

Ebooks building up on your hard drive? Tired of wading through them to find what you want? Print them out, bind them up! They now lay flat on your table and take up no more space then any spiral bound manual would.

Do you notebook? These are fantastic for binding up a years worth of notebooking pages too. :) Journal? Make your own and bind it up while you're at it.

Our Proclick gets a LOT of use around here, and the only thing slowing that down right now is I need to order more spines in varying sizes. I love it. I love the professional look it has. I love that the bound books fit nicely in magazine boxes and take up less room on the shelves then three ring binders.

I love that I can add pockets, dividers, and so on to my bound projects with no problems. I love that I can easily print my own ebooks and bind them up so they don't clutter my computer. I love that I can create workbooks for my children from a variety of sources and they still look fun and functional!

I even print out blank handwriting paper and bind it up for my kids. My latest thing to bind? I printed out some number lines {lots for varying reasons} I bound them all with a clear cover between each one. Now my kids pull it out when doing math and can use the cover as if it were a white board so the number line can be used over and over and over and over..

It's one tool I wouldn't trade even for my 3-hole punch which cost me $30 bucks. Which is peanuts compared to what I pay for binders where I am.

I finally bought the $50 manual one and it is wonderful. We changed directions with my DD's writing so I opened the spine, stuck what I could in the scrap pile and loaded her new work. Now I just need to buy some different sized spines. I don't think you will be disappointed, my DC now have workbooks for PR and TOG and it is so much nicer than their binders.

I use it to keep a record of my children's work at the end of the year. It takes up a lot less space. I also use it to make student organizers and a teacher organizer (with pages from donnayoung.org). It just takes up less space. With three ring binders, the pages tend to start coming out toward the end of the year just due to wear. Not so with the proclick pages.

I figured it's a one time purchase for almost 20 years of homeschooling that will eventually happen around here. It's a sturdy machine and should hold up.

Beth

Thanks everyone! The idea of things lying flat instead of being in binders is attractive to me. Koala Mum, I do like the idea of spiral notebooks you can add to as well as take away from. Also, the idea of binding our own journals with it is nice. I like to let the kids use individual sheets of paper for nature study, science pages, etc. so if they mess up they can start over (and over, and over, and over...). It's nice to know that I could bind it up and have a sort of book to give them at the end of a quarter or year. The idea of doing an end of the year report is also very attractive to me. I also like the idea of making non-workbooky workbooks and this would let me do that. Angela, I love the little notebooks. DS8 is so fond of tiny notebooks.

Sold! I'll be honest here and say it didn't take much. :D I've decided that I don't need it, but it's enough to want it badly enough. Plus, we paid off my van last month so I'm feeling rich this month. :lol: Happy Labor Day to me! :tongue_smilie: