Menu

Isn't there somewhere to buy premade preschool kits?

truebluexf

I know this isn't exactly what you mean, but since I don't know of anything inexpensive (the learning box is about $50 a month and I've heard good things about it), I've had good success with the books "I Can Cut" and "I Can Paste". I Can Paste requires someone to help with cutting out, but my six-year-old likes doing that part for her brother. The paper is high quality and the projects are fun. The same series also has other books like "I Can Trace."

Edited by skueppers

If you're looking for what I think you're looking for, there are a whole mess of monthly kit providers if you google "home preschool programs." They were originally designed for daycare providers, but most of them offer single student kits now for homeschoolers.

When my girls were preschoolers many years ago, I reviewed a bunch of the kits for an article. Most of them were quite expensive back then, and probably still are.

Last year, I ordered a couple of kits from Carol's Affordable Curriculum, and Shirley's Prepackaged Crafts. Both were primarily paper crafts. I just ordered the one kit from each and didn't bother with it again. I found that even with the prepackaged stuff, we just didn't get around to doing the crafts.

We use Shirley's Prepackaged Crafts. It is like Carol's in that all you have to add are the markers/crayons, glue, and scissors. She will put in bits of yarn, craft sticks, rolly eyes, one straw - whatever the crafts call for are in there. It isn't cheap, but is exactly what I was looking for as a mom of "many" who doesn't make time to put together crafts or activities for the littles.

My four year old will get his own box starting in January 2012. (My five year old has been doing them for over a year and loves them. She gets until December & then she 'graduates' out of them, which will be hard on her.)

I was looking for the same sort of thing not too long ago. I found this website, 1+1+1=1 that might have what you are looking for. I always expand a bit on her packs and add additional things to it but in a pinch its great! Here is a blog post I did about her Princess Pack.

This is very cute! I like that it is in color already...these could be doable! :) Maybe this in combination with some activity bags or something. I missed out on the preschool activity bags swap locally, and I'm trying to start another one with our coop but not much interest yet. These could help hold us over. :)

ETA Wow this site has a great collection of ideas all in one place...tot trays, etc. Nice!!

Edited by truebluexf

This is very cute! I like that it is in color already...these could be doable! :) Maybe this in combination with some activity bags or something. I missed out on the preschool activity bags swap locally, and I'm trying to start another one with our coop but not much interest yet. These could help hold us over. :)

ETA Wow this site has a great collection of ideas all in one place...tot trays, etc. Nice!!

Glad it looks like something you can use. I have been pretty pleased with everything I've used from there. It works great as "filler" and they have so many fun subjects and topics to choose from. Even movie and cartoon characters so you can really customize something that will hold your little one's interest.

Plus, the packs are very easy to add to... Like the rock color-match game we did for the PrincessPack. My middle daughter was having so much fun with it that my oldest wanted to do it with her!

I was looking for the same sort of thing not too long ago. I found this website, 1+1+1=1 that might have what you are looking for. I always expand a bit on her packs and add additional things to it but in a pinch its great! Here is a blog post I did about her Princess Pack.

I love the preschool packs and tot books. I just did the princess themed one last week with dd3 (almost 4), I blogged about it in my weekly review. I end up putting more work than needed into the themes by laminating stuff, getting books from the library on the theme and getting little extras (I bought dd a tiara and wand from the $ store to go with it). However, You can totally just print off what you need from the site and be good to go. So far we have done the camping theme, princess and I did the cars one with ds8. That site has awesome ideas.

I love the preschool packs and tot books. I just did the princess themed one last week with dd3 (almost 4), I blogged about it in my weekly review. .

I just tried commenting on your blog post but I keep getting an error message about cookies. I don't know if that's on my end or yours. In any event, I was just mentioning how we read lots of the same books on our princess theme. Also, one we added, which isn't a princess but a cool kick-butt girl is Jane and the Dragon. She is a young girl who doesn't want to be a lady-in-waiting- she wants to be a knight. They made it into a pretty decent cartoon that is airing on the Hub.

I just tried commenting on your blog post but I keep getting an error message about cookies. I don't know if that's on my end or yours. In any event, I was just mentioning how we read lots of the same books on our princess theme. Also, one we added, which isn't a princess but a cool kick-butt girl is Jane and the Dragon. She is a young girl who doesn't want to be a lady-in-waiting- she wants to be a knight. They made it into a pretty decent cartoon that is airing on the Hub.

I will have to put that one on hold. I had not heard of it before. I just made some changes to the settings on the comments section so hopefully no one else has troubles with it.

Edited by swellmomma