Menu

Discovery streaming?

yellowperch

:iagree: That's how we got ours - Homeschool Buyers Co-op. (edited later to make that clarification, as I just posted under someone who mentioned 3G). The HSBC offer is more costly, but you'll also have access to all the related materials. I just got an email that the HSBC offer is ending soon, but I think they offer it often. I know I've renewed my subscription through them twice now.

If you use it, it's a fantastic investment. If you click on my sig, you'll see links to nice video series on Discovery Education Streaming. Click on a series to see links to episodes in order. I did that because the search engine frustrated me and I just like to make lists to make my life easier in the long run. I'm about to add more.

Edited by Satori

Okay. Thank you for the responses. I think. Now I'm putting my visa in the freezer. I am done shopping. I think this will be a great resource for us; I just frittered away the evening watching a film about the Mona Lisa, and one about cell division. Fun.

PS--Thank you Angela. Your list was a great starting off point. We've always loved those Weston Woods videos. I never would have found those cartoon bios on my own. My older guys have watch quite a few horrible histories on youtube. The will be so psyched to see the whole set!

Edited by yellowperch

I've paid for two years so far-one on basic, one on plus. The plus is definitely worth it. I like being able to set up DD's account so she can go in and watch what she wants on her own, do games, do worksheets, and just explore. I've also probably gotten my subscription value just in audio downloads. I do wish I could download video to my iPod for carschooling or on trips, though.

I've been enjoying the audios. There are some great Weston Woods books and ones in different languages which is helpful.

My issue is the videos (the reason I subscribed in the first place). They are either tiny, or when enlarged to full screen, poor quality. I've tried them on different computers too, and they take a while to open up and play. very cumbersome so far. So it is hard to entice my kids to watch as compared to renting a documentary or similar.

I'm sure this is just me being a techno-dummy. Anyone with advice?

I've been enjoying the audios. There are some great Weston Woods books and ones in different languages which is helpful.

My issue is the videos (the reason I subscribed in the first place). They are either tiny, or when enlarged to full screen, poor quality. I've tried them on different computers too, and they take a while to open up and play. very cumbersome so far. So it is hard to entice my kids to watch as compared to renting a documentary or similar.

I just watched part of an Elementaty Spanish video last night and I had the same issues. Very low quality video when enlarged.

Click on Profile on the upper right near your name and then choose the tab that says My Preferences. There you can change the video player and quality of download. Try and see what gives you the best picture. (Though older stuff that was transferred from video tape may just be poor quality reproductions, the newer programs should be good.)

what type of audio downloads does it have?

TIA :)

so far there have been quite a few weston woods or scholastic audios that go with picture books we have or have read. good quality most of them; some are older, but some are new. they have good music and are overall well done. my son is technically getting a bit old for these, but we don't worry about that and he loves them.

there are also some audios (appear older) that i've found about greek and roman mythology. they are a bit drier but will appeal to my older one i think.

i've also found some geronimo stilton books that both boys have enjoyed -- not the edward hermann, the other narrator.

there are also some other audios that i haven't investigated -- some nonfiction ones on the solar system, for example.

i've heard there is educational music but haven't look for that yet.

sorry for the lower case. my computer is having issues.

I bought a subscription through the G3 offer but still haven't gotten my password info. I have the Brain Pop username and password and have tried those, but it doesn't work. Frustrated. Who should I contact?

Nevermind, I went back to another thread on G3 and found the answer. I just had to log in with my email address and the Brain Pop password. Awesome!

Nevermind, I went back to another thread on G3 and found the answer. I just had to log in with my email address and the Brain Pop password. Awesome!

I signed up on the 29th of August and still do not have my information to log in. I tried using my email (both the email I used to sign up as well as my paypal email) with the g3 password and it does not work. I tried the lost password feature and entered in the email addresses and it says they do not exist. I have emailed from the contact page of the g3 site and no response. I'm not feeling very happy about this right now. :(

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get this going?