Menu

Does anyone cycle? I need a new bike and want a road bike....

dh is big into cycling and I can't say that I will be "big" into it, but do want to maybe go with him some. I currently have a mountain bike, but my kids have taken over it. Any suggestions. I really don't want to spend a lot, but dh spent $2,500 on a bike earlier in the year, so he would be willing to spend a bit if I found something that I liked. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phlox

dh is big into cycling and I can't say that I will be "big" into it, but do want to maybe go with him some. I currently have a mountain bike, but my kids have taken over it. Any suggestions. I really don't want to spend a lot, but dh spent $2,500 on a bike earlier in the year, so he would be willing to spend a bit if I found something that I liked. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phlox

We like Specialized bikes for road cycling. I'm a runner, and cycling is recreational for me, not competitive. I also prefer flat rather than drop handlebars, so the Vita works well for me, but I really love the Dolce, too. Go to your local bike shop and do some test rides. Don't underestimate the potential of picking up a great bike on Craigslist, though. My oldest son recently got a sweet deal on a Giant from a serious cyclist here in town who was paring down his "fleet".