Menu

Perhaps I've been living under a rock - but when did Henry Winkler die?

I ask this qustion in response to the thread "Which Famous Person Death has Affected You the Most?"

I was viewing this thread and noticed several times where his name was mentioned. I don't remember hearing anything about this and can't find anything about it on the net. I'm not acussing - I'm just hoping someone made a mistake and it's not really true. Or, perhaps are they referring to another Henry WInkler?

Thanks

Peggy

He didn't. I think people may have confused him with Jack Ritter (?)- I'm not sure, but Henry is alive and kickin'.

I ask this qustion in response to the thread "Which Famous Person Death has Affected You the Most?"

I was viewing this thread and noticed several times where his name was mentioned. I don't remember hearing anything about this and can't find anything about it on the net. I'm not acussing - I'm just hoping someone made a mistake and it's not really true. Or, perhaps are they referring to another Henry WInkler?

Thanks

Peggy

I thought the same thing! It was the wording of a certain response where the person said she could write to Charles Schultz (who has died) or Henry Winkler (who apparently has not :lol:). It made it sound, in that thread, as if they had both died.

At least I think that's what happened. ;)

Oh, I agree. We can't loose Fonzi. I think Kenny Rogers sings a song about all the american icons and events that happened the past 10 years. It is so sad when he says "we even lost Superman" that one puts me in tears.

Thanks so much for clearing this up. I know I've been focused way too much on local politics lately and the mens homeless shelter they want to put right next to an elementary school playground here but I didn't think I'd missed this.

Thanks again.

Peggy

I thought the same thing. Went back and read the post a few times before I figured out she meant her assignment was to write one of the two. Chose Schultz, who replied, has since died so that choice and he are now extra special to her.

Yeah. Totally messed with my head. I thought I was under that rock with ya.

OK, I get it now. Ncmomof3 wrote:

Interesting question.

Charles Schultz. When he died, I was truly sad. The Peanuts gangs held a special place in my childhood. In some very bizarre way, it seemed as all those kids died too. (hope that doesn't seem too creepy) I never would have expected to feel that way over his death.

And I replied:

Wow! Me, too. :001_smile:

When I was in elementary school, my class was asked to write a letter to a celebrity: either Charles Schultz or Henry "The Fonz" Winkler. I was the only kid that chose Schultz and he actually wrote back! I wish I still had his letter. :(

Fonz, indeed... :rolleyes:

I remember being quite saddened by Mel Blanc's death. I loved this tribute to him:

3_speechless.jpg

ETA: FONZ LIVES! FONZ LIVES! Aaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

This part...

Fonz, indeed... :rolleyes:
...should probably have been left in the paragraph preceding it as an indication of my displeasure that so many of my classmates chose the breathing-then-and-even-now Fonzie as a more worthy letter-recipient than the then-alive-but-currently-deceased Mr. Schultz. Therein lies the confusion! ;)

Sorry to frighten you Winklerites (Henryists? Fonzfanz?) there. I'm going to call the more-dead-than-alive-yet-somehow-no Elvis right now and make sure we're still on for fried bananas next Tuesday. :lol:

Arthur Fonzarelli was a character on the Happy Days show. I used to watch reruns on the little black and white t.v. in our kitchen when I got home from school. It was followed by Laverne & Shirley.

I used to have a dog named Fonzi. He was a little black schnauzer mix with a white chest, and he looked like he had Fonzi's black motorcycle jacket and white t-shirt.

This news brief just in. They want to build a statue and expect him to be there.

http://www.embarqmail.com/news/news_reader.php?storyid=16089430&feedid=241

:001_huh:

You all are making me paranoid about my late-night fuzzy grammar so I'm going back to read my reply. :leaving:

:D

Debra - Please don't worry about your late-night fuzzy grammar. I've been reading everything in a congested haze for the past week. I knew I should have stayed in bed today. Between the two of us we can cause quite a stir. :)

Sorry for the confusion.:blushing:

Peggy