Menu

Free holiday/seasonal worksheets or crafts?

4maybabies

I'm looking for a free or cheap website that I can print off some fun worksheets and crafts for my kiddos. I'm tempted to purchase a subscription for The Mailbox...but it's $25...and would rather use a free one if I can. Just something for around the holidays or on our fun Fridays. Any ideas?

My memory loss leaves me very out of context. My sense of time is distorted. I have to make a real effort to stay linked up with the days, weeks, seasons, holidays etc. I'm always very interested in any threads on the holidays and seasons.

Scholastic dollar days was selling monthly workbooks for $1.00 each. They are quite young, but when I've had nothing else I have quickly colored something and used it.

Magazines are a good source of appropriate graphics. It's okay if they are a year or two old.

You can weave placemats with construction paper with seasonal colors and glue some type of picture on it. You can decorate paper cups and make placeholders. Plan a movie and dinner night, and decorate and cook for it.

I keep a copy of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady open to a pretty page of the current month, on the top shelf of a bookcase.

Waldorf has some good ideas.

I rip apart art books and hang up pictures above my art table. I try to always have one of the pictures be seasonal. Right now I have Max Liebermann's Bathers on the Beach at Scheveningen.

http://www.weefolkart.com has wonderful ideas for each season/holidays.

They're structured in 12 week units for Harvest, Winter, and Spring with 2 books, a craft and a field trip each week. It also includes optional narration and art appreciation. They're perfect for Prek-1st grade IMO. We did one unit last year and are doing the rest this year. It's easy to combine weeks, skip weeks, and do your own variations on things - but it gives a great framework that is really nice. You can do it for a 'fun friday' very easily :).

www.weefolkart.com has wonderful ideas for each season/holidays.

They're structured in 12 week units for Harvest, Winter, and Spring with 2 books, a craft and a field trip each week. It also includes optional narration and art appreciation. They're perfect for Prek-1st grade IMO. We did one unit last year and are doing the rest this year. It's easy to combine weeks, skip weeks, and do your own variations on things - but it gives a great framework that is really nice. You can do it for a 'fun friday' very easily :).

What a cute site- thanks!!!

What a cute site- thanks!!!

You're welcome :). I should have posted the direct link to her homeschooling modules (you have to click on the far right of her heading bar to access it from the main page). Here it is - I downloaded them as PDF's and put them in clear plastic sleeves in a binder so I could mark them off with a dry erase marker as we went along.

Harvest Time: http://weefolkart.com/sites/default/files/HarvestTimeCurriculum-preschool-kinder.PDF

Winter Wonderland: http://weefolkart.com/content/winter-wonderland-preschoolkindergarten-curriculum

Spring B's: http://weefolkart.com/content/spring-bs-preschoolkindergarten-curriculum

I printed all three seasons of the Wee Folk Art curriculum and put them into a binder. I just leave it open to where we are so I know what to grab on our library trip. It is a great-looking program and easy to add my 10 yo dd into the mix too (she will be making the quilt that they suggest the mother make, for example). I think this would be a great seasonal activity plan!