Menu

How many writing books did your kindergartner go through?

Thanks. :) Her love of writing has really given her a good start on reading. I predict she is going to blow through the phonics stuff I have planned. lol

She goes through sooooo much regular paper every day. I have piles and piles. so maybe I will stick with 5 skinny or 3 thick??

I was thinking about getting 5 if they are thin, and maybe 3 if they are thick. What do you think?

I think overkill LOL

Most kids in older grades wouldn't use that in a year.

I think 2 skinny or 1 thick would be more then enough.

I'm jealous - my K'er hates to write and I can barely get her to complete the HWT workbook or one page of ETC -I can't imagine even needing an actual writing book for her :001_huh:

You know those big chunky lined writing books? How many did your kindergartener go through in a year? I was thinking about getting 5 if they are thin, and maybe 3 if they are thick. What do you think?

We used very few. Our handwriting curriculum had lines to fill out. Other than that, they mostly dictated narrations and stories.

I think that a couple books were all I needed for all three kids' early years.

I think overkill LOL

Most kids in older grades wouldn't use that in a year.

I think 2 skinny or 1 thick would be more then enough.

I'm jealous - my K'er hates to write and I can barely get her to complete the HWT workbook or one page of ETC -I can't imagine even needing an actual writing book for her :001_huh:

lol It might be! xD I was thinking 1 for just letters, no sentences or phrases. 1 for "playing in/writing whatever" while she is going through her letters, because she really does love writing and I fear she will try to get into them other wise. xD And the rest for when she starts on sentences. Technically she is writing sentences now, but she doesn't write all of her letters right yet and should practice them individually. They are recognizeable, but occasionally backwards, or her Z for example is a little curvy and kind of looks like an S. :p

All we have is one of those massive scrapbook size ones, unfortunately, in Aus Office store, thats all I could find. She's not a happy copywork person though. for my K'der the amount Sonlight gave her each day was too much, like writing out her address 3 times, just writing Road once was enough for her.

we just use the copywork in our curriculum as her handwriting practice. Like ETC, for crafts/making cards, pretty much all of her workbooks and crafts have some sort of handwriting/copywork in it.

I would suggest getting 2 thick ones, keep an eye on her progress with those, and order more if you need more. If they aren't used now, I am sure they eventually will be. Or perhaps 3 skinny ones (I prefer the skinny ones, as I can then label once they are done, and put in their year box, rather than having her only halfway through a thick one when years over.

I guess I'll be the lone person to say that ds went through several thin composition books in kindergarten. He was required to write in it everyday, even if it was no more than a word or two and a drawing. He didn't have a separate handwriting workbook, it was all done in the composition book.