Menu

We took the kids to see Caspian tonight

We all really enjoyed the movie, but the previews were atrocious for a movie toward kids. The first 2 previews both had profanity. The third one was an M Night Shamalan movie that was creepy in and of itself. Then Incredible Hulk and then 3 or 4 more - including Sex and the City! Ok, I know Hulk will be marketed to kids, but not my kids. But Sex and the City????

Maybe we will have to go in late to movies from now on...

That is a shame! Nothing is safe, anymore :o(

When we went to see Prince Caspian, we took in a matinee-- the previews weren't quite as atrocious as the ones you saw, but definitely not what I wanted my little ones exposed to, either. And the previews USED to be my favorite part! Perhaps going in late is the only option... sigh...

We went last night (7:30 show) and I thought the previews were OK. It must be regional, but I thought PG movies had to have PG previews and couldn't show PG-13 type stuff. Our previews were for Will-E, some Chinese Warrior movie (could be creepy, but the previews were OK), Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and a movie with kids living underground.

One thing, though, it was the noisiest theater I had ever attended! Someone brought a toddler who talked until someone yelled for the mom to take him out, a teenager a few seats down had tinkly bangle bracelets, and my dh munched Whoppers waaay too loudly for me!

It must be regional, but I thought PG movies had to have PG previews and couldn't show PG-13 type stuff. Our previews were for Will-E, some Chinese Warrior movie (could be creepy, but the previews were OK), Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and a movie with kids living underground.

:iagree:

Yes, these were our previews too, Laura. There were a couple other movies from Walden Media that were promoted, one was "Journey to the Center of the Earth". And then there was the Mummy-Chinese Warrior one. The stupid Chihuahua one, the stupid Igor one, (see the pattern? ;))... Wall-E from Pixar is the only other movie we're excited about for this summer at this point. Though dd would like to see the Kit movie if it's mild enough.