Menu

Do you have a morning board?

nov05mama

Love your morning board! I have been so focused on collecting fun books & activities for dd to do when she starts K in a couple weeks, that I totally forgot about a board like this! I guess I'll have to get busy. Thanks so much for sharing.

This is ours so far...I don't have it on the wall since we are in an apartment (limited space as it is), but on a trifold board...I just pull it out each morning.

I still need to add our weather chart and perhaps one or two more things (haven't decided what yet)...but so far, we have:

State Spinner - review one state each day, just for exposure (from Dollar Tree)

Number of the Day - practice tally marks, determine if even or odd, and then verbally tells me 10 more, 10 less, 100 more, 100 less (using the tabletop pocket chart from Target $1 spot at the moment...may change setup to a laminated printable I found on Pinterest)

Arabic Word of the Week - for review, using our Arabic flashcards

Continent Review - (placemat)

Our Address/Phone Number - using the dry erase strips from Target $1 spot so he can practice writing them each day to reinforce learning

Calendar - he's in charge of putting up the date each day, we discuss the day of the week and month, etc

Class Scheduler - also from Target $1 spot, plan to use it for days we have events and such, but I might be changing it or removing it...not sure!

What Time is It - he is to check the digital clock each day when we start calendar time and then have the analog clock match whatever the current time is

The weather chart will go in one of the blank spots on the left or right...

post-11281-13535085264295_thumb.jpg

post-11281-13535085264295_thumb.jpg

I like the idea of using a tri-fold board. Thanks!

I was trying to figure out how to make this work for my family since breakfast time seems to be the time this would work. But our school room, white board, and bulletin boards are in the basement and I really don't want to hang something in my kitchen.

Listening and watching for more great ideas...:bigear::lurk5:

Yes we do. No pics but it's a huge favorite and we all love it. We used a trifold board which worked well because I could set it up on the table and fold and put it away every day since we do school in the dining room.

We usually change it weekly and we'll have a calendar, something to memorize (a verse of scripture and something like our address or phone number), days of the week that we change like this:

Yesterday was:

Today is:

Tomorrow will be:

We have presidential portrait flash cards that say which number they were on the front and have a brief biography on the back so on Monday I read the back of the card then the rest of the week the kids go over his name, his term, which number he was and one thing he did once or twice a day.

This year we'll add English From the Roots Up to our morning board.

I also have a weather spinner that I'm not sure we'll use.

We did a different number each day last year and the kids would say how many ones, tens, hundreds, etc...

We also had phonics "rule breakers" for a couple months. (One word a day. We'd read and spell it throughout the day.)

We did a slot with money too. It had play money in a plastic bag attached to the front and the kids would count it out and write the total on the wipe clean plastic each day.

Lots of fun to get things going and a good way to incorporate little things that aren't covered by curriculum or that need to be reinforced.

ok - lovin these ideas!! I focus so much on my older kids getting ready that I have kind of "forgotten" that I have a k'er this year...I gotta get movin!! Love the 100 days countdown.

We have this calendar http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Calendar-Weather-Pocket-Chart/dp/1600223575/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1312256957&sr=8-5 but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a trifold board with some other fun stuff on it.

I really need to get back in to kindy mode...

We have presidential portrait flash cards that say which number they were on the front and have a brief biography on the back so on Monday I read the back of the card then the rest of the week the kids go over his name, his term, which number he was and one thing he did once or twice a day.

I am so glad you mentioned this! I have those president flashcards from the Target $1 spot that would be perfect! ty

• 2 weeks later...
Yes we do. No pics but it's a huge favorite and we all love it. We used a trifold board which worked well because I could set it up on the table and fold and put it away every day since we do school in the dining room.

We usually change it weekly and we'll have a calendar, something to memorize (a verse of scripture and something like our address or phone number), days of the week that we change like this:

Yesterday was:

Today is:

Tomorrow will be:

This year we'll add English From the Roots Up to our morning board.

I also have a weather spinner that I'm not sure we'll use.

We did a different number each day last year and the kids would say how many ones, tens, hundreds, etc...

We also had phonics "rule breakers" for a couple months. (One word a day. We'd read and spell it throughout the day.)

We did a slot with money too. It had play money in a plastic bag attached to the front and the kids would count it out and write the total on the wipe clean plastic each day.

Lots of fun to get things going and a good way to incorporate little things that aren't covered by curriculum or that need to be reinforced.

Thanks so much for the explanation! This is so motivating... gotta get back in K mode, too!

Here is ours. I got a lot of the printables from the confessionsofahomeschooler blog and a couple other blogs.

We go over the weather, date and alternate way to write it, today-tomorrow-yesterday, 100's chart (how many days of school), PE cards, time, and our address.

post-7522-13535085318922_thumb.jpg

post-7522-13535085318922_thumb.jpg

We do. It's pretty simple. I cut the numbers for the calendar out of foam sheets as it's fairly durable and doesn't fade. I've since added weather. I cut more foam squares out and put different weather on each one (sun, rain, snowflake and cloud). We pin them to the bulletin board each day, stacking up like weather. So by the end of the month we can see that we had so many days of sun, so many days of cloud, and so many day so rain, etc. It's beginning graphing and it leads to discussion about "most" "least" "how many more" and "zero" (not a lot of snow in July lol!). I've also since put my daily routine cards into a pocket chart cause all the pinning was driving me nuts.

http://naturalranchfamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/calendar-time.html

We started this set up when my son was 3 1/2. Now for preK I plan to add phonics review, 100s chart then maybe skip counting depending on how he does, memorization, and character virtues.