Menu

Man buys $330,000 house for $16

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to embed video...

It doesn't quite seem legit to me, but if that actually is the law and he's following the letter of the law, then I don't think the complaining neighbours really have a case. It's probably all sour grapes on their part anyway. Some people really cannot stand it when someone else gets ahead or does better than them or gets a better deal than them.

Why do you say this? What he's doing is legal, he hasn't done anything wrong. FTR, its legal here too, except instead of a 3 year wait its a year.

My understanding is that even after a foreclosure the family that lost the house can still be liable for the difference between the note on the mortgage and what the property sells for at auction or on a short sale. He just ensured that the family is now in debt for the entire amount of the note.

He is taking advantage of the misery of others and while legal this still makes him a vulture.

It doesn't quite seem legit to me, but if that actually is the law and he's following the letter of the law, then I don't think the complaining neighbours really have a case. It's probably all sour grapes on their part anyway. Some people really cannot stand it when someone else gets ahead or does better than them or gets a better deal than them.

:iagree: Given that the mortgage company that holds the note went under, who really owns the property? The failure of the note holder really makes this a complicated matter. Frankly, it is probably better for the neighborhood and property values for him to occupy the house than for it to stand empty and not maintained.