Menu

Classical Education Brag :)

This year dd took a Humanities class online which gave her credit for English, Social Studies and Bible. In our province, kids write Provincial Exams for certain high school subjects - English 10 is one of them. Dd just got her provincial marks back and she got a 94%. This is a kid who doesn't like writing (but does love to read) and feels more comfortable with math and science.

We used a ton of SWB's recommendations over the years. I think the biggest impact has been SWB's approach to teaching writing. We did a lot of narration, copywork and dictation and eventually began using Classical Writing (which was fantastic for developing dd's fluency with writing).

I'm also thankful for all of the literary analysis she's done in Tapestry of Grace over they years.

We celebrated with Chinese food and ice cream :)

I think the biggest impact has been SWB's approach to teaching writing. We did a lot of narration, copywork and dictation and eventually began using Classical Writing (which was fantastic for developing dd's fluency with writing).

Congrats to her! It is nice to hear what worked!