Menu

Where do you find adjustable-height children's chairs?

This was my dream chair for my kids but it is pricey so we never got it. We have gone through high chairs, booster chairs, stools, etc. We probably would have been better off buying one of these from the start.

For what age range are you looking to use the chair? We used our Fisher Price high chair for almost 4 years as it converted to a great booster seat. We'd probably still be using it for our skinny 6yo if we hadn't started down the path of many different chairs as described above.

All of my kids have been in occupational therapy for minor issues for years. Several years back, on separate occasions two different therapists recommended that we invest in Stokke Tripp Trapp chairs. I took one look at the price, and never looked again.

Until last winter, when we HAD to replace the kids' booster seats, and given that these chairs had been recommended by several other moms and repeatedly by the therapists, we bought them. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT! In fact, I was so happy with them that I bought two more for the piano! :)

My kids' handwriting dramatically improved overnight once they had both the correct height, as well as a footstool at the correct height. DRAMATICALLY. They are also able to sit comfortably for much longer periods of time. They used to be squirmy after 15 minutes - we couldn't even get through a meal. Now, they can easily sit for an hour and actually focus.

My only regret is not buying them several years back!

We have the Stokke chair and love it. It can be used even by adults under, I believe 150 lbs. Kids always fight over this chair when they vist our house.

http://stokkeusa.com/wordpress/?tag=high-chair

A friend of mine has the Euro Grow with Me chair.*They like it pretty well, but she said she would have preferred the Stokke. I think her son has tipped it over a few times when climbing onto it. We don't have that problem with the Stokke.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TXOCSQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A3SDDVKJC370J7B79F4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I just found this other, called Keekaroo. Maybe that would work well. It gets good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044R7HYM?ie=UTF8&tag=carseatsreviews-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&SubscriptionId=AKIAI3NEAFAEF3SZSEBQ&creativeASIN=B0044R7HYM

... but the Stokke chairs are really out of our price range (and I need to get the chairs for this Fall... at least 2 of them), so I was hoping to find some of the 'plastic' chairs (or whatever material they're made out of) with adjustable metal legs... does anyone know where to get a good deal on these?

(couldn't find anything that would work at IKEA either... bummer :( I really like their stuff!)

Thanks again for your input!!

Julie

... but the Stokke chairs are really out of our price range (and I need to get the chairs for this Fall... at least 2 of them)

I would have to guess based on what they look like / how they have cleaned up so far, that these chairs will last forever. Maybe you could find used?

We recently purchased the Zuma high chair from aBaby.com. It has 8 adjustable positions. The backrest has 3 positions and can be used for eating, sleeping and playing. The snack tray can be washed in the dishwasher. If you’re looking for kids highchairs that can be custom-made according to your own specifications, aBaby can make it for you, too.