Menu

I'm throwing out about 1/3 of our VP cards.

I don't have the VP cards, but I remember when I realized I really don't have to do things as written ;) It was so freeing!

My sis was doing SL Alt 7 (or whatever the one year world history is called) and WE COULD SKIP WHOLE BOOKS!

If you think it will work better, go for it!

Edited by Mallory

Why am I discarding them? Hm, well, ahem, I've decided I don't want quite so much religion mixed in with our history.

This may be a "well duh!" moment, as obviously I knew VP was a Christian company and Bible history was part of the program. But once I got the cards here, I decided I don't want to go at it that way. Some of the church history in particular are not my cuppa. We may get the Bible set(s) eventually and add a few of these discards back in there.

That's a bummer. I wonder if their website or Rainbow Resource has a "TOC" for the cards. Or at least a TOC for the corresponding teacher guides. That would have been helpful for you. I hate being disappointed in my curric.

I'm so glad to hear that!!

I had been looking for something that would seamlessly tie our Bible history in with secular history. I know my Bible stories, but not how they fit in with the rest of history. I want my kids to have that knowledge. If that is what you want, they are perfect! I got all 4 ? History sets, and put them in chronological order to memorize.

That's a bummer. I wonder if their website or Rainbow Resource has a "TOC" for the cards. Or at least a TOC for the corresponding teacher guides. That would have been helpful for you. I hate being disappointed in my curric.

If anyone is interested, they can see the title of all the cards in the following links, just look at the table of contents for the names of the cards. Then by reading through the samples pages, you should be able to see if it will work for you or not. For what it's worth, I feel like Shari so I only own one set-1815 to present. In the future, I might purchase the explorer's to 1815 as well.

You can view nearly the entire Homeschool Teacher's guide in these links:

Old Testament and Ancient Egypt

New Testament, Greece, and Rome

Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Reformation

Explorer's to 1815

1815- Present

Edited by mom&nana

I'm not throwing any out, but as I go through planning the year, I am combining some together as I don't feel some events warrant a whole week, and there are other important events are completely left out of the cards.

I think a couple of the sets have too much focus on church history and not enough (for me) on other world events. But I'm still looking forward to using them for our history and memory studies.