Menu

If your 8 yo's attention wanders during math...

For example, skip counting and multiplication tables... do you think the child might have an attention disorder or do you think she is 8, slightly scattered, and doesn't love math?

The child in question (Okay, it's Rebecca) has no problems in any outside classes or extracurricular activities.

For example, skip counting and multiplication tables... do you think the child might have an attention disorder or do you think she is 8, slightly scattered, and doesn't love math?

The child in question (Okay, it's Rebecca) has no problems in any outside classes or extracurricular activities.

When (not if :lol:) my 8 year olds' minds have wandered during math, I think they are 8 and they have more important things to think about than math.

I'm 43 and my mind wanders during math. :tongue_smilie:

I actually do have ADD but I'm on medication and I do great in all other areas of my day. It's just the Algebra 2 is killing me! I feel overwhelmed. I'll be working on a problem and then realize that I've been daydreaming. Oh, I'm doing the math because I'm trying to stay ahead of my ds15 who is taking the class. When I work through a lesson with him and I'm not prepared, the lesson takes twice as long because I spend too much time trying to figure out what the concept is about. In fact, I'm procrastinating. He has a lesson today and I need to do the work before I sit down with him. It's 3:15pm and I should be doing that instead of reading this board. :lol:

I thought everyone's mind wandered during math. :lol:

My ds will blurt out the most unrelated things while doing algebra. I've often wondered if there is some process the brain does that generates random information while trying to solve a problem.

I thought everyone's mind wandered during math. :lol:

My ds will blurt out the most unrelated things while doing algebra. I've often wondered if there is some process the brain does that generates random information while trying to solve a problem.

:lol: this literally made me lol. My dd, completely!

Lisa