Menu

Terrible pain - Possible UTI

I'm in terrible pain and I suspect a UTI (right back pain, pelvic pain, etc). The pain is bad enough that I'm having dry heaves. And of course all the Urgent Care Centers are closed by now.

Does anyone know of ANYTHING that can give me temporary relief until I can get to my doctor in the morning.

If you have someone there who can run to a 24-hour pharmacy/drug store/grocery you'll find temporary relief with an OTC called Azo-Standard. Easy to find at most places like that in the urinary health section of the pharmacy. Cystex is another brand, but I've not personally used it.

I tend to shy away from OTC meds but I did take Azo-Standard for a UTI and it did help take the edge off. My brother recommends it to his patients, too.

If you have someone there who can run to a 24-hour pharmacy/drug store/grocery you'll find temporary relief with an OTC called Azo-Standard. Easy to find at most places like that in the urinary health section of the pharmacy. Cystex is another brand, but I've not personally used it.

I tend to shy away from OTC meds but I did take Azo-Standard for a UTI and it did help take the edge off. My brother recommends it to his patients, too.

:iagree:

THEY ALSO sell tests you can take to make sure it's a UTI

I just got over a UTI. I Gave it a couple days to try to avoid going to the doctor and I managed to get over it. I also took the AZO stuf which helped with the pain. What I did was drink was I 100% cranberry juice (you have to find that at a health food store), ate a few cloves of garlic (look up the benefits online, it acts as a natural antibiotic) and also took D-mannonse (the health food guy recommended it). They all seemed to help because I am feeling better. If it doesn't get better in a day or two I would call a doctor for a perscription.

I just got over a UTI. I Gave it a couple days to try to avoid going to the doctor and I managed to get over it. I also took the AZO stuf which helped with the pain. What I did was drink was I 100% cranberry juice (you have to find that at a health food store), ate a few cloves of garlic (look up the benefits online, it acts as a natural antibiotic) and also took D-mannonse (the health food guy recommended it). They all seemed to help because I am feeling better. If it doesn't get better in a day or two I would call a doctor for a perscription.

Did you have back pain and dry heaves?! Those are signs of a kidney infection, not a simple UTI. Untreated kidney infections can be dangerous and even life threatening. She needs immediate treatment, not cranberry juice.

:grouphug:, Daisy. Please get seen ASAP.

Did you have back pain and dry heaves?! Those are signs of a kidney infection, not a simple UTI. Untreated kidney infections can be dangerous and even life threatening. She needs immediate treatment, not cranberry juice.

:grouphug:, Daisy. Please get seen ASAP.

Perry is spot-on. Good luck. :grouphug: