Menu

silly readers

There are a few other books by the same Gerald and Piggie author, Mo Willems. They are about a pigeon. Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus, Don't Let the Pigeon Stay up Late and a few others. We are BIG Gerald and Piggie fans here, and we thought the Pigeon books were really good too. We also love the Minnie and Moo series.

Edited by jcross222

We've been enjoying the Mouse and Mole books which I found because they are shelved near Mo Willems in the Early Reader section. The author is Yee (Wong Herbert Yee, I think) He also wrote Fireman Small, and some other picture books. I don't think they would be considered silly, but they definitely fit in the same category as the other books you mentioned.

There is also an interesting series of books by Tim Egan. It starts with "The Pink Refrigerator" which is technically a picture book, but then moves into an Early Reader chapter book series starting with Dodsworth in New York (then on to Paris, London, Rome..) These are not so much silly as oddly interesting. :001_smile:

So, you want easy readers or chapter books? I'm assuming easy readers if you're saying she's reading Mouse Tales.

Seconding lots of things mentioned -

Poppleton

High-Rise Private Eyes

Dodsworth

Amelia Bedelia

Frog and Toad

And, slightly harder...

Mercy Watson

Ricky Ricotta's Giant Robot

Commander Toad

I also would suggest the TOON Books readers and the Balloon Toons books. Most of the TOON Books aren't silly - their series Benny and Penny is probably their best known and received the Geisel Award. The Balloon Toons book Adopt a Glurb though is probably the easy reader other than Elephant and Piggie that has made me laugh the hardest. DS and I were in stitches by the end.