Menu

Looking for inspiration--any Catholic homeschooling blogs you'd recommend? CC

I've been planning for our next year and need some inspiration. I find myself overwhelmed at this stage in life with two babies-I'm no good at the older baby/toddler stage- and three older children, plus the responsibility of providing a good education for these children, not to mention the other typical SAHM responsibilities. I am baby-stepping my way back to the Catholic Church, after about fifteen years of non participation (sad to say). I want to practice my faith fully, like my grandparents do, and I'm in need of some good examples of what this looks like for a family like mine. So what blogs or websites are out there?

One of my favorite blogs on the planet is:

http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/

Most of her kids are past school age, but she has some great advice on homeschooling, housekeeping, child-rearing, and especially living out the liturgical year with one's family. She has an incredible knack for getting to the heart of things and putting the most important, fundamental actions first. This is a real boon for me, since I'm likely to start planning elaborate celebrations for every single event on the Catholic calendar (so, one per day, for the most part :)) and then I read her posts and am brought back to the level of what I actually might be able to do and most should do.

Also, not a blog, but have you perused the 4Real forums? They're very inspirational for me--but sometimes too much in the "must plan celebrations for every day!" kind of way.

Hope this is coherent. My toddler is helping me type it.

ETA: Okay, both of those were already mentioned. Sorry. Blame the helping toddler, please.

One of my favorite blogs on the planet is:

http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/

Most of her kids are past school age, but she has some great advice on homeschooling, housekeeping, child-rearing, and especially living out the liturgical year with one's family. She has an incredible knack for getting to the heart of things and putting the most important, fundamental actions first. This is a real boon for me, since I'm likely to start planning elaborate celebrations for every single event on the Catholic calendar (so, one per day, for the most part :)) and then I read her posts and am brought back to the level of what I actually might be able to do and most should do.

:iagree::iagree:

Aunty Leila is magnificent. So are her daughters.