Menu

I should do a lot of gratuitous posting...

Toupé

Hey. Learned something new. If typing on iPad and need to make the little symbol thingy above the letter, such as in the é above, you just hold the letter an extra second and it gives you a selection to select.

So e can also be:

ę

ē

ė

ë

è

ê

Awesome! I just tried this on iPod. :D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could tell us how your day is going....

....jumping into the conversation rather belatedly....I love threads like these. :D

I'll tell you even though you had the nerve to have a life instead of posting things I can reply to - I love the dog in your avatar! I'm dying for another German Shepherd!! They're my favorite kind of dog!

You still haven't reached 5000? We just got back from the movies and my plan worked like a patronus charm. ;) I saw HP and the little ones saw Cars 2. Better yet, I didn't have to watch Cars!

Oh, and I barely cried!

cat

Awesome!!

Thinking about it, that is probably a rude and nosy question. You don't have to answer.

cat

If my life were completely different, I'd love to have another one! Of course, then some "youngest of 9" would pressure me to have just one more, and then a "youngest of 10" and so on...I mean, where does it end?! :lol:

Dh brought me 72% dark chocolate with espresso beans.

And I fell further in love with him.

Didn't even know that was possible.

GOOD MAN!! Sounds wonderful (I've had the 72% but not with espresso beans)... :drool5:

P.S.: I'm amazed that this thread is still going strong, but I'm not too proud to keep milking it for all the posts I can get... :D

I'll join in on the gratuitous posts--gotta boost my numbers too! I'm listening to it rain--dh had to go and wash his fire command truck and the neighbors cut hay. I hope we don't knock any down for a day or two.

The rain in CO has been something lately, hasn't it? We had torrential downpours every night for the past week (hours of it). My garden looks better than ever (gardening is tough at 6500 ft. above sea level - the rain helps) but I'm ready for it to stop now.

We're right outside of Colorado Springs - what part of the state are you in?

Could use some rain to bust these 103' days!

Ac and ceiling fans never go off and we have fans in the bedrooms.

Kids are getting cabin fever bc it's just too hot to play outside.

I'm sitting here with grumpy newborn who is marathon nursing thru a growth spurt.

Could use some rain to bust these 103' days! Ac and ceiling fans never go off and we have fans in the bedrooms.

Kids are getting cabin fever bc it's just too hot to play outside.

I bet! You're right - I'd rather have rain than those super-high temp days. Hope you get some relief soon...

I'm sitting here with grumpy newborn who is marathon nursing thru a growth spurt.

I remember those days... Can imagine that the hot temps aren't helping. :grouphug:

Dh brought me 72% dark chocolate with espresso beans.

And I fell further in love with him.

Didn't even know that was possible.

How wonderful! I made tamales a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure this happened to my husband. Gumbo works on him as well. Chocolate works on me too...or cheesecake! :D

cat

Do you mean that you are hoping it will be 100?

Yes :D

I sympathize with those of you that have too much sun. No, actually, I don't know if I can honestly say that. I have never lived in a place with a lot of sun so, for us, every hot, sunny day is cause for great rejoicing. So, I can't relate to "too much sun" or "too hot".

:lol: This thread makes me think of a song we used to play for the kids in the car on long trips - Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? (Cath)mom, are we theeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrre?

not yet...been too busy to post a lot! But I'll do it today somehow! It's important that I reach this goal!

Yes :D

I sympathize with those of you that have too much sun. No, actually, I don't know if I can honestly say that. I have never lived in a place with a lot of sun so, for us, every hot, sunny day is cause for great rejoicing. So, I can't relate to "too much sun" or "too hot".

Let's switch houses. I want to live where you live. I long for cold, rainy, damp days!

Here's one to discuss: can one have too many books? If so, what constitutes too many?

Another pithy question: do you count e-books in that count? What about textbooks?

No.

I don't count ebooks. But then, I only have 4 ebooks, so it wouldn't make a big difference.

Yes. You can have too many textbooks.

168 posts to go!

Take one down...

Pass it around..

167 posts to go!

Right now my song seems to be

120 boxcar books to go

Take one down...

read it aloud

121 boxcar books to go!

(I'm not sure we have 120 left. But we are on number 19 of a very large number. )

Can someone please post some articles about how reading series books aloud are good for kids. (My son will also happily read the first paragraph of every chapter without even counting it as his have to read time. He even stayed up late one night reading a whole chapter to himself. So me reading this series is slowly turning into him reading it)

I really don't know much about Enrique Iglesias. I once heard an interview where he said that his dad wasn't the most supportive of his career. That's a pity.

How about: Transitional Romanesque architecture was neither transitional nor Romanesque. Discuss.

He and his father are quite estranged AFAIK. His mom is gorgeous!

Here's one to discuss: can one have too many books? If so, what constitutes too many?

Another pithy question: do you count e-books in that count? What about textbooks?

No, one cannot have too many books. I had a pang the other day thinking about people throwing out all my books after I die though!

No.

I don't count ebooks. But then, I only have 4 ebooks, so it wouldn't make a big difference.

Yes. You can have too many textbooks.

I agree - ebooks don't count. I don't have any anyway. I don't like reading long things on a screen.