Menu

Anyone use pocket charts? Need ideas!

Hi,

Does anyone here use pocket charts? If so, would you give me some ideas of what you use them for? I see lots of examples for preschool and K ideas, but not for slightly older students (2nd-4th grade). I have blank pocket charts and would love ideas on what to put in them, and how to use them for learning centers.

Thanks!

:bigear:

I'd love to hear some ideas to. I have a couple hanging pocket charts with clear sentence strip size openings and one that is solid so you would only see the top half of a typical size sentence strip or index card. I bought them at Target's Dollar Spot last year and haven't been able to come up with many ideas especially for the non-see through one.

When I taught 7th grade English, my students were weak on parts of speech. I had them build sentences using the pocket chart and label each part of speech by placing the correct card above it. Somehow this was more fun that writing on the whiteboard. Then I would arrange the parts of speech cards and they would have to build a sentence that fit them.