Menu

2012 Oregon Festivus:(SWB) Just curious, who's planning to come?

Hey Everyone around here... (and everyone else could fly in :))

I'm curious who is planning to come be with SWB in July for the Festivus; just curious how many we have as a base. Can't wait!!

Seems like everyone I've even hinted to about it, has said they want to come!:D

Edited by NayfiesMama
PS: I'm outside Salem if anyone wants to hint about where they're coming from :)

What county, eh? So, you must be able to tell how they have the States divided, because I just couldn't. :( Marion county here. But, I figure that sometimes counties close will come over ;) Lane county is super close... Wonder how many spots per state? :) So excited.. they put July 9th or after for her, which is good... because that's cutting it close for the trip I'm suppose to make to Israel. I would much rather.... towards the end of July. They put a minimum amount of people, but what I really wanted was a maximum.... I'm not seeing how it will pay for itself (for her to come) so I'm curious about $$$ and all the other stuff.... Patience is hard for me... I'm just... so excited!

No thread really, just emails that were sent out to those of us who had begged....oops meant offered to host a gathering. They are still in the "working out" stages as far as how things will play out. There are some "steps" at this time... general dates. So, I'm in Oregon... and I am guessing that at this point our zip is chosen. Not really sure if I'm an "independent host" or part of a "group".... Either way I'm fine with it. I am super excited! I manned a table a few years ago where she was, and afterwards kicked myself... because it hasn't worked out to be even close to where she has spoken.

Oh funny DangerMom :) I love people from Cali, too :) I'm wondering if it's just one day... or possibly two?? I'm excited about any possibility!! I asked the max for how many people, because the minimum is attainable with just the people I've asked. I also don't know the cost to share, as far as I'm supposing plane and such while she's here. (she will be bringing books :))

Edited by NayfiesMama
Oh... and I do love Brownies!!!! (and friends, too):)

Yay! Keep me posted; I will definitely be there. I'm so excited because I live too far north to go to the conferences in Southern CA, so I don't get out much. (I'm going to the Sac conference next month, but there's not much of a classical presence there--it's me. So that doesn't count.)

I am in!

I feel as though I should say, "Yes you may" :) I have no idea how many different spots will be around here; on the note it said that some of the people should be new to homeschooling. :) I can't imagine any of us willing to share with those not already in love with her. :D