Menu

Stupid Q of the Day: Deathly Hallows 2 (3D) -- how much 3D?

The entire movie is shown in 3D. Of course, in some scenes it will be more noticeable than others.

I don't care for 3D cartoons, but for real films, the 3D is pretty neat. It doesn't mess with your eyes the way it would if things were constantly sticking out of the screen at you. So it's not like that. For most of the film, it just adds depth where it looks like you there in the movie. Occasionally, it will look like things fly out of the screen.

The entire movie is shown in 3D. Of course, in some scenes it will be more noticeable than others.

I don't care for 3D cartoons, but for real films, the 3D is pretty neat. It doesn't mess with your eyes the way it would if things were constantly sticking out of the screen at you. So it's not like that. For most of the film, it just adds depth where it looks like you there in the movie. Occasionally, it will look like things fly out of the screen.

Do you have to wear 3D glasses the entire time? My only experience with 3D is the type where stuff jumps out of the screen. I didn't know there was any other type.

I was trying to decide yesterday if it was worth the extra money - so I googled around...

The consesus is that the 3-d and the Imax options are just not worth it. One of the complaints was that the dark scenes in the movie (dark as in no light - not as in death eaters :) ) were really hard to see with the glasses on.

I don't want to take a chance that annoyance with the 3-d will take away from enjoying the movie, so we're going to the normal film (I do like 3-d normally).

I was trying to decide yesterday if it was worth the extra money - so I googled around...

The consesus is that the 3-d and the Imax options are just not worth it. One of the complaints was that the dark scenes in the movie (dark as in no light - not as in death eaters :) ) were really hard to see with the glasses on.

I don't want to take a chance that annoyance with the 3-d will take away from enjoying the movie, so we're going to the normal film (I do like 3-d normally).

How do people know this, if the film hasn't even been released yet? The last one wasn't in 3D... :confused:

How do people know this, if the film hasn't even been released yet? The last one wasn't in 3D... :confused:

It was released in London a few days ago - I think it is in other European countries, and there have been some "previews" across the pond.

Do you have to wear 3D glasses the entire time? My only experience with 3D is the type where stuff jumps out of the screen. I didn't know there was any other type.

My husband's theory is that the "new" 3D adds more depth, where things seem to be back further, whereas the "old" 3D makes things jump out at you. Of course, there is still some of that in the new 3D, but not like when you used to wear the red/blue glasses.

I really enjoy the 3D movies. The first 12 minutes of Half-Blood Prince was awesome in 3D. And I've seen Legend of the Guardians, A Christmas Carol (the new one, with Jim Carey), and the first two Toy Story movies in 3D. I'm not sure if I have seen anything else in 3D...

That's so helpful! Thanks for doing the research for me.:D

Our local theaters have dedicated all the best, "ultra" screens to 3-D :glare:

which means from now on, Harry included, we are watching films on smaller screens.

Even if I wanted to pay extra for 3-D, I really can't manage to see them since putting 3-D glasses over my glasses just doesn't work (tried this for one film - never again!)

That said - when I took SillyAutismMan to KungFu Panda 2 (in 2-D) the visuals were so striking that I found myself wishing I could see them in 3-D.

Yesterday we accidently order tickets ($for 91 no less) on Fandango for Happy Potter - in 3D. My hubby is red/green color blind and 3D gives me a headaches so we can't watch that version. We called Fandango and they said they can't fix the problem we have to take it up with the movie theater. So we drove 30 minutes to the theater to fix the problem. They, as a matter of policy) do not refund money and they are not selling tickets for any regular showings past the middle night opening shows (which are all sold out) so they couldn't exhange them either. The lady my hubby talked to called the manager over to see if he could help and he actually gave my hubby his money back. The cashier said that she had never seen that happen before but I think the manager knew that we were just going to turn around and buy the regular tickets as soon as they were available so he wouldn't be out any money. We did lose our Fandango surcharge though.

Basically our theater does not have listing so any regular format shows yet. They said the will be adding them in the next few days. Perhaps, it is will be the same for you?

I do not like the new 3-D movies. I saw Avatar and my eyes were physically hurting by the end of the movie. It wasn't eye strain. It was a very odd and uncomfortable feeling.

Yes, you do have to wear the glasses the entire time or the screen is blurry. Occasionally something flies off the screen....but mostly the effect is the depth. The backgrounds look really neat.

We usually do not pay to see 3D, but we did once and it was pretty neat.

I don't like 3D either (have glasses and hate wearing those little ones over).

I have to say that DS is pretty excited--he's able to see the new movie on Weds night at a special advanced screening for people who work at the movie theater! He says he can't wait.