Menu

When you dislike a name...

You call the baby what the parents want the baby to be called.

Tara

:iagree:

Even if you hate it! My friend named her baby - Reilly and I like that name. But... they call him Bubba. She knows I think it is not a great name. We have joked about it. He is a bit over a year old now and I still don't like it, but I accept it and he is just Bubba.

You call the baby what the parents want the baby to be called.

Tara

:iagree:

My brother and his wife named their oldest son a "Jr" but decided to call him Deuce. I know what's going to happen to that child in school and I really don't care for the name AT ALL. However, that's what we call him. 100% parent's choice and parents decision.

My n!ec_e's nickname is kay ee en zee eye ee. And it makes me think of ex0tic dancers with lollipops and pigtails.

There! :tongue_smilie:

Wow, that is sooo *not* what I expected! It's not a name I love, but I definitely don't think of it as a name for a gal twirling abound a pole. :001_huh: Do you know how you came up with that association? :bigear:

I think you just have to use the name the parents give. I also am not fond of all the crazy names, and/or using other names.

That said, dd is naming her son after his paternal grandfather who passed away, and she is not really fond of the name (the first name is also her husband's first name). They are gonna call the baby Mac, which was the nickname her husband's dad gave him when he was little.

Though I prefer the nickname to the actual name (it's fine, just plain), I think he will have a lot of hassles growing up.