Menu

Happy 4th of July!

I am happy to live in America, happy to be an American, proud of those that serve and protect, and wish everyone a happy, patriotic day.

ETA: My 18-year-old nephew joined the Army and went in today. He will be sworn in tomorrow. Please pray for his safety.

Edited by cdrumm4448

Happy Independence Day!!:patriot:

We're reading the Declaration again and thanking God for the strong, brave men who penned and signed it.:patriot:

John Adams wrote to his wife, Abigail:"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

Happy Independence Day!!:patriot:

We're reading the Declaration again and thanking God for the strong, brave men who penned and signed it.:patriot:

John Adams wrote to his wife, Abigail:"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

Great quote.

:patriot: Happy Independence Day! :patriot:

Now let the fireworks begin...... :lol:

I am happy to live in America, happy to be an American, proud of those that serve and protect, and wish everyone a happy, patriotic day.

:iagree:

We had a wonderful day starting with our local parade and ending with a firework display :)

Prayers sent up for your nephew, cdrumm.