Menu

How many blankets and sheets do you have?

I am going through things to give to a charity and was wondering how many blankets and sheets do you have?

I have 4 beds and we do have company.

I have a 2 extra matress' and a blow up matress for company.

I went through our walk in attic space this morning and found 2 totes of blankets..which is about 8 more than what I have in my linen closet.

My mom would tell me.."You never have enough blankets!"

We live in Georgia, so we don't have that much cold weather...maybe a couple of months(if that even).

We have two sets of sheets for each bed in the house - one set for winter (flannel) and one for summer (percale). Each bed has one comforter with cover and one "extra" blanket, used seasonally. We also have a couple of throw blankets that can be piled on when it gets really cold.

We have 3 sets of sheets for our beds. One to be in the laundry, one somewhere lost in the house, and one on the bed. As far as blankets, we are somewhat overrun. We have one that stays on our bed all year and ds has two comforters. I have several vintage quilts my aunts made me as a child that we use regulary, plus my mom has made several blankets for us. We are well-covered in that department. :lol:

We have only one set of sheets for each of our beds, and we use them until they become threadbare. We wash them as soon as we take them off, and then put them back on the same day. I don't like having extra sheets cluttering up my linen closet; I use it for cramming . . . um, I mean, storing, other items.

We do have quilts and throws aplenty; my mom made us each a throw one year for Christmas, and I have quilts that my grandmother and great-grandmother made along with some from various other folks.

2 sets for each bed!

As for blankets...... because were too cheap to keep the heat set comfortably during the winter and having 8 people in the house (4 who seem to be cold blooded) we never seem to have enough of them.:001_smile:

We have 2 sets of sheets per bed, plus a set of flannel sheets for winter.

Each bed has an electric blanket and a comforter on it in winter. The beds are appropriately dressed with comforters or blankets in the summer. We store extra blankets (previously used by us) in the basement for camping or to use in the event the power goes out in the winter.

RC

We have two sets of sheets for each bed. One thick comforter for winter for each bed and one thin for summer. I have little storage space--we have throw blankets that we keep in our sitting room in the winter--one for each of us. Those sometimes find their way onto a bed in the winter as we keep our heat very low during the night.

The only blankets I store (beside the off-season ones) are two antique quilts that we use for the guest bedroom.

2 sets of sheets/bed - one flannel and one spring/summer

2 extra sets of queen sheets for the pull-out couches for company

1 blanket and one comforter for each of the main beds in the house

5 extra blankets/comforters for company

If we have a lot of company, we ask that they bring a couple extra blankets.

Three sets per bed. I would have only wanted a couple max, but husband insisted on the extra third for those days when the rain just wouldn't stop long enough for our wash to dry. We live in the very humid tropics and line-dry all our laundry out in the sun. When it isn't raining, that is.