Menu

DSS Update

He presented tonight with a haphazardly thought out "plan" to join the air guard for college money and then get a commission in the active duty Air Force. He has not so much as taken the college admissions exam or spoke with a college counselor or an Air Guard or Air Force recruiter... He had explicit instructions to list his long term goal, short term goals, and a detailed plan to reach them. He also had instructions to take steps toward the goals/plan by talking to the appropriate parties (i.e. career counselor at college, advisor, admissions, registration, recruiters, etc) but he felt his internet research was adequate. So... DH gave him the keys to our old work (i.e. gutted) AstroVan, a thermarest and a sleeping bag, and 2 bags for clothes and toiletries and out he goes until his ducks are in a row as described to him 6 months ago. Granted, he will probably spend the next week dotting his I's and crossing his T's RE: said plan so he can return home, but it may be the most productive week of his young adult life.

I feel a little sick to my stomach over the whole thing.

That is all.