Menu

Lesson Planner book

It's finally dawned on me what I need in a planner. I'm very visual - what I need is a daily lesson planner in a graphic organizer style.

Meaning, a box with a border for each subject, 7-10 boxes per day, probably covering a 2-page spread.

(Yes, that'd mean an awfully lot of pages, 2 pages for each day. Does it help if we only school 4 days/wk? icon_lol.gif )

I went to Teacher Heaven today to browse their planners. They didn't have such a thing. I browsed graphic organizer books. Not helpful.

Yes, I can print them out. I was really hoping to be cost-effective, though, and just buy a book. Even one month at a time would work.

Does anyone know of a planner like this? Link me! TIA!

(Psst. I also browsed CBD just now, and am headed to RR to look as well. I'm beginning to think that maybe they don't make what I need.... Imagine that! Seems to be the norm around here. :glare: )

I found *my* planner this year. I needed to see the whole week, every subject, and all the kids on one spread.

This is what I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Mead-Teachers-Plan-Book-11in/dp/B00006IDM1

I got it at my local drugstore- of all the places!

I put subjects down the left

Bible

Math

Latin

Language Arts (has two squares)

History/Geography

Science

Electives

In each box I write the child's initial and assignment. Example:

Monday 5/19

Math R: Singapore 6a exer 1/ Lesson 7A,B,C

C: 27 B,C

T: Test 14

N: Chart counting, M&M math

All my kids check the plan book for their independent work in the morning and put a small check over their initial when it is completed.

It's only taken me 7 yrs to figure out what works for me. ;)

Best wishes to you on finding the planner that works for you

My favorite planner is called The Plan Book With Pizazz. It's printed by Frank Schaffer, and the ISBN is 0-7682-0595-6.

I've used it for the past three years. It has a wide format, with enough room for as many as 16 subjects across the two page spread. The columns are separated by a color change, though, not a solid line, so you can use two columns together for subjects that take more room (I do this for history and science). The days of the week (with a space to write the date, and special notes) are down the left hand side. There are monthly calendars in the front, along with some other stuff you may find useful. There's also a pocket in the front cover for storing stuff (I keep my attendance chart there).

I like it because it's purple. :o)

Anyway, you can see it here:

http://www.learningisfun.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=91915

Or at http://www.FrankSchaffer.com

Hahaha! Purple. That's my favorite color, too! I'll go look!

As an update, if anyone has ever looked at the Heart of Dakota products (Little Hands to Heaven, for example), that is extremely similar and almost exactly what I'm talking about. A box per subject; the only difference is that I'd want two pages worth of boxes for each day.

I always make up my own. I use the yearly planner page from www.donnayoung.org to rough out my year, then I make up pages the way I want them--currently I'm using the one I'll attach below. I just can never find exactly what I'm looking for! And I like that I can customize mine as I go each week (plus I really need to see everything on one page if I can, otherwise I start losing info!). Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for! Merry :-)

Oops...guess I can't add it, sorry. If you like color & can use Word, I'd be happy to email it. It's only 49 K, but this board limits to 19 K.

Merry :-)

Thanks, ladies!

I'm really hoping to find something that I dont' have to print out, but I will look at these! I just think that for what I want and need, it probably won't be very cost efficient to print it. If that's all I can find, though, it's better than nothing!

I'll check these out! Merry, I PMd you my email. :) Thanks!

I've been making up my own forms for the last 10 years or so. I'm very visual, like you, and have purchased colored paper for my forms -- one color for each dc.

I don't think it's terribly expensive to print your own forms on your print at home; it's usually much more expensive to buy a book! White paper is less than a penny a sheet, and black ink for my HP is also less than a penny a sheet.

One thing that helps with the printing is to set the "preferences" or "options" to fast draft or everday or some similar term (it varies by machine and manufacturer).

HTH,