Menu

(Teachers) Mountainside Cabana...er, Cabin

Happy Monday!

I'm so tired of our heat in central AZ that I don't even want to look at a beach. Let's cool off in the mountains! Lots of shade and cool weather up here. But not too cool that you can't go jump in a lake, if you want to! ;)

What will you bring to the cabin? Me: can somebody give me a ride, my car is in the shop today! :tongue_smilie: I promise I'll bring lots of good munchies!

Lunch? Ramen noodles for me. Kids had sandwiches.

Any new projects getting started today? Me: I have several that need to get started, but I have to finish birthday planning first! :D

Talk to me! :bigear:

Bring - lots of cold mountain fresh water - oh , wait, we can get that at the spring!

I suppose since you nixed my lawn mower the other day, you now won't let me bring my weed whacker:glare:

Lunch- I have to get back to my salad with protein. But I'm hungry! As in really, really hungry! Can I have a mooseburger?

Projects - Today was day 5 of weed whacking in my yard. I think I have one or possibly 2 more days of it and then I will be done in time to mow it!

I'm also cleaning my refrigerator - one shelf at a time. Projects are slow when you only have enough stamina to to a small chunk at a time.

I'll bring the floaties with cupholders! We can sit in the lake for hours, right? I think I might also bring a few movies.

Lunch: We scrounged. We're down to the bare bones of the fridge. With what's left in the crisper, I think I can make... salsa.

The only project I'm taking on today is trying to decipher what the heck is going on with my son and whether or not I need to take him to the urgent care center. It all depends on whether the wheezing returns when the Benadryl wears off.

I'll bring binoculars and field guides - there are tons of great critters to view in the mountains!

I'm finally feeling well enough (having back difficulties) to begin my summer clean-out projects. I've got my dining room chock full of books and school supplies that I'm selling and giving away. I'm not done yet, but it's a good start!

I've gone through all the rest of the boys clothing from size 14 through 20, as well as adult smalls, and have gotten those into labeled plastic totes for future use - or into the closet for the smallest sizes. We're also transitioning from junior to adult sized hangars - no more littles in my house! I got 5 boxes down to two....

I've gone through 5 boxes of crafts, fabric scraps, ribbons, feathers, flower arranging stuff, etc., etc. and have gotten those down to 2 boxes. And tomorrow I will - hopefully - get into my storage room and start pulling out stuff for a yard sale in order to pare down in there even more!

Thanks for the mountains! The sun just came out where we are---it's now hit a high of 75!

Lunch was mac and cheese for kids. I have some kind of stomach virus so I had half of a banana.

Special projects---getting my house clean! We worked together for an hour in the kitchen. I was going to work on going through all the school stuff and cleaning my room, but I don't feel up to it. there is always tomorrow.

Stay cool all!

I'll bring my stellar personality. It's not everyone's flavor, but it's the best I've got right now ...

I ate airplane food for lunch, which means I basically had a meal of preservatives. Salad with the chicken meat picked off of it, lemon juice for dressing, and a warmed-on-board chocolate chip cookie. I have no clue what my kids ate, but I'm jealous regardless.

My project for today is to tweak my work schedule for July. I have two trips that I'd like to get out of, so I'm going to call and beg some colleagues to relieve me of those duties :) wish me luck.

I will bring a camper with AC, if I can borrow it from my parents. Right now it is over 90 in the shade, and I live in low mountins:glare:. Almost none of the cabins in this area have AC even though summers are brutal. Oh, I alsdo have plenty of sunscreen. Don't want skin cancer in any of our futures.

lunch was pizza at Sam's. Not so great but we ate for $10. Dinner is spare ribs, if they are done before bedtime. We decided to stop by the library after Sams and stayed too long. The ribs take like 3 hours to cook. Now I am sort of cooking, sort of not LOL.

Special projects? Mostly continue to declutter. I really moved too much stuff last fall when we bought this house. Way too much stuff. I am also following up on dd medical appts and reports. I need to check pool chem levels and do laundry, and, well, all kinds of grown up stuff.

While at the library today I told the librarian (a friend as well) that I was in serious need of brain candy. She promptly took me to the section where cheap paperbacks are available. I grabbed the first 5 on the romance shelf :lol:. I also checked out Before Green Gables and a book of short stories by Robert Louis Stevenson. The intro to the last one was so deep and intellectual I almost put it back but I decided to skip straight to the stories instead.

Glad to "see" you all here! Yep, dinner here will be pizza from Sam's Club but ours will be take-n-bake. I've never had a membership to Sam's or Costco before, so when Sam's advertised their 10 weeks-for-10 dollars deal, I thought I'd take them up on that. I'm glad I did but I most likely will not be renewing. While I do like the muffins and the Otter Pops :D I can really get much better deals at the local grocery store.

I was up about 5:40am this morning. I think I need a nap! And I'd probably take one, too, if it weren't already so late in the day!

Okay, Jean, if you really want to, you can bring your weed whacker - whack away at all the poison ivy in the woods so we don't have to worry about stepping in it! :)