Menu

Beachside Cabana 6-21-2011

Oh, gosh, am I late today! I thought I already opened. Sheesh!

How's the weather been at the beach today while I've been 'sleeping'? Here, close to 110*F here today. I need to find a different beach!

Lunch? Kids had ham and honey mustard dressing on wheat. I had pb on cinnamon raisin bread.

Is there a game afoot in your area of this big world? Hubby and I have resumed actively talking about a drastic change of career. We'll see what happens!

Talk to me!:bigear:

Weather - mid 70's perfect. You have a standing invitation to come to my beach here, Scrap. (But I might put you to work;))

Lunch - kids had hum bao (steamed bun with pork inside). I had leftovers from our Father's Day restaurant meal - peanut crusted beef and curried noodles and veggies. Yum!

No games here. I am waiting on medical results though. I suppose that could be considered sort of one since I'll have to make decisions based on what they are.

Weather - 86 and HUMID!!! I drip when I go outside. I'm thanking GOD for A/C today.

Lunch - leftover chicken/rice

Dinner - fend for yourselves kiddos!!!

We spent 2 hours at the asthma/allergy doctor today. My 10 yo ds is having a BAD flare-up of his asthma. His usual peak flow scores are near 400. Today? 250. His O2 level? 95%. This is AFTER a week on his normal asthma meds (Pulmacort and Xopenex) and three days on Orapred. Today his doc added an antibiotic as he has tonsilitis and a double ear infection and a sinus infection. Really??? Ugh. And, NO fever. How does that happen? So, my mind has been all about getting William better.

Temperature is somewhere around 103. Lunch today consisted of what we call "snacky lunch." Cucumber slices, mini hotdogs, cheese crackers, juice, and a cereal bar. I, on the other hand, had a cucumber, yogurt and dill sandwich.

Games: Moving the horses from our privately lease pasture to another private pasture connected to a family friendly active barn. I have really enjoyed being away from the "trainer" and show pressure, but dd really wants to be around other horsey girls. Hopefully, this will be the best of both worlds.

Edited by simka2

The weather is beautiful here today - only 88 right now with a light breeze! My kids are outside enjoying the break in heat.

I fed the kids cold leftover pizza for lunch and they've been raiding the drinks out of the cooler in the garage at will - I'm about to toss some bags of chips out the back door to keep them occupado in the Great Outdoors.

No games here other than the normal hit-and-miss joy of having a kid in the throes of mixed mania. Oh, and the storm that blew through last night snapped our (metal) mailbox right off its post and bent all the tomato cages. Bizarro. :tongue_smilie:

Weather: 101 & humid here... Thankful for AC!

Lunch: turkey and cheese on wheat & red grapes.

Ds#1 began Country Day Camp at a local church today, so I only had the 4yo. We hung out, read together, did laundry, and went to the local homeschool used curriculum store. Basically, we're really just trying to stay cool more than anything.

It is 77 and sunny with a light breeze. The sky is a perfect blue, and there are a few white puffy clouds just for contrast.

Lunch was pb&j sandwhiches made by the kids for the kids. I had pb&apple. Hubby had a brisket sandwhich, and ds had brisket, a chicken sandwhich and a large salad. Brisket is leftover from bbq take-out for Father's Day.

The kids are at the park with friends (hubby and I tagged out). Laundry is going, and I'm counting down to my real beach vacation.

Weather: 89 and way humid. But I will totally take it with joy - last week it was 105 and it will be there again soon enough.

Lunch: Chick Fil A :D We've had sickies in our house for the last week and I've not been able to grocery shop. I HAVE to get out tonight and get it done!

I'm trying to maintain my sanity with one sick girl, one recovering sick girl, and one very. not. sick. boy who keeps trying to rile up his sisters. I may or may not have turned on a cartoon for the kids, brewed a cup of coffee and then drank it while hiding in my closet :D

It is 77˚F here. Beautiful without a cloud in the sky. It does feel a lot hotter though!

The kids had bean burritos. Again. I had an open-faced sandwich with really yummy tomato and turkey.

Nothing exciting. The kids are asking if I will take them to the park right now and I am thinking about making fajitas for dinner.

Edited by ds4159
fajitas not fajitos

high 90s here. Some rain but htat just made it even hotter. The heat index has been over 100 a lot.

Lunch: ds is at camp so I hope he ate something somewhat healthy. Dd ate *2* Lunchables, the big ones, while in therapy today. Granted she is there for 3 hours and had 1/2 hour of ballet before we went, after refusing to eat breakfast, but WOW. Me: A chef salad and specialty sandwich at a local pizza shop with dh. Mine was only $5 including drink! I was hoping dh would talk to me while we were there, but no, he sat in silence mostly. So much for me trying to make time for us to talk without kid interruptions. :glare:

Nothing really exciting. I am doing as little as possible, with the exception of playing on the computer and eating.