Menu

I'm in a very blue funk. . . suggestions?

Generally, I'm pretty "up" but for several reasons I've been quite sad for days now.

I won't go into the reasons for my sadness, but rather than pulling out of it, it just seems to be getting worse as each day goes by.

I'm up for any suggestions. Can you recommend a happy movie I could watch on Netflix? A book? Anything?

I'm surprised I'm not feeling better by now.

Alley

:grouphug::grouphug: so sorry! I know you feel. Often I pull in when I feel this way and watch a lot of TV and eat! But that usually only makes things worse. I never feel like it, but what helps me the most is getting out of the house. Spending time with friends that make me laugh, or with my mom & dad. It also helps to do something for someone else that is having a hard time. It helps to get outside your stuff for awhile and see the world through someone else's eyes.

Also, comedies are great to watch. Laughter truly is good medicine!

Sometimes, though, I just need a good cry. I need a few days to pamper myself and "lick my wounds" (what a gross analogy! :ack2: :D). Then I am ready to pick myself up again and move on.

Hope things get better for you soon! :grouphug:

Generally, I'm pretty "up" but for several reasons I've been quite sad for days now.

I won't go into the reasons for my sadness, but rather than pulling out of it, it just seems to be getting worse as each day goes by.

I'm up for any suggestions. Can you recommend a happy movie I could watch on Netflix? A book? Anything?

I'm surprised I'm not feeling better by now.

Alley

When I find myself in one of those Blue Moments that lasts for longer than it ought to, I do with myself what I do with an inconsolable baby on an hours long crying jag--I look for a change of venue. A change in surroundings can do a person good. Be sure to include some human contact, otherwise a quick trip into town can be as isolating as staying home. Go for it! A new hair cut? Get your nails done? Attend a lecture? Attend a concert? Get your mind thinking of other things. As Taj Mahal sang, "Take a giant step outside your mind." Garden for a day. Plant some flowers.

As Time Goes By (Judi Dench, Geoffrey Palmer - British tv series) generally cheers me up. Or at least after watching any episode, I sigh and say, "That was good." :D

Hope you feel better.

I've been grumpy all weekend. Tried to go out yesterday but couldn't think of anywhere to go. :glare:

Exercise!!!! Harder the better!!! It really does wonders!!

Movies: The Whole Bean (Mr. Bean's series available on netflix)

Bernie Mac show on reruns, love his humor....

Tim Hawkins videos...such a great comedian!

Adventures in Babysitting (oldie but always makes me laugh, especially if you watch it with the kids)

Songs:

Dancing Queen, Wipeout, Pineapple Princess by Annette Funicello, Kokomo, Sea Cruise, 500 Miles, Me and My Gang (Rascal Flats)....Walking on Sunshine!

I would dose my water with some Rescue Remedy. I fell in love with the series Eureka while I was pregnant. Maybe that. I am not a Sci Fi person either.

I hope you feel better. I am going through a blue period, as well:grouphug:

:iagree:

...and/or B-complex. Seriously. It improves your ability to cope with stress.

You'll be surprised how that dark little cloud will "lift".