Menu

Go canucks go!

I'm torn.

I want the Canucks to win to get the Cup to Canada.

But I'd feel good if the Bruins win, because that way, the Canadiens might have lost in the first round, but at least they lost against the Stanley Cups winners. There's more honour that way.

But I want the Cup in Canada too.

Sigh.. I don't know what I want.

Go Canucks Go!

I'm torn.

I want the Canucks to win to get the Cup to Canada.

But I'd feel good if the Bruins win, because that way, the Canadiens might have lost in the first round, but at least they lost against the Stanley Cups winners. There's more honour that way.

But I want the Cup in Canada too.

Sigh.. I don't know what I want.

Go Canucks Go!

I figure you've got to keep it as close to home as possible. Hometown team, other team in your province (if you have one), other Canadian team, then the Original 6, then the rest can just go rot. :D

On a serious note, though, we're watching all of this thinking, "next year, that'll be our Jets."

I figure you've got to keep it as close to home as possible. Hometown team, other team in your province (if you have one), other Canadian team, then the Original 6, then the rest can just go rot. :D

On a serious note, though, we're watching all of this thinking, "next year, that'll be our Jets."

Nope. It'll be the Oilers again. :D

According to Wolf, anyways.

Nope. It'll be the Oilers again. :D

According to Wolf, anyways.

Could it be both? A gal can dream, right? I would dearly love to see 2 Canadian teams going for the Cup. That just fits the natural order of the world anyway, eh?

Ummm....that would be Toronto as the 2012/13 Stanley Cup Champions. I be-leaf :)

Umm... a gal can dream, but that's a pipe dream, darling.

Either that or h3ll is scheduled to freeze over in 2013. :lol:

I know....i know but 1967 is a long time ago.....heck I wasn't even born yet! So yes, I need to keep the dream alive.

Today I am a canucks fan...

Could it be both? A gal can dream, right? I would dearly love to see 2 Canadian teams going for the Cup. That just fits the natural order of the world anyway, eh?

Only if the Jets were considered Eastern conference...so unlikely.

:iagree::lol:

Sic the polar bears on the heretic.

And moose, and geese, and beavers, and loons.......

Was with you right up until the loons. Seriously? Loons?

Only if the Jets were considered Eastern conference...so unlikely.

:iagree::lol:

Was with you right up until the loons. Seriously? Loons?

C'mon....it was hard enuff coming up with the other "canadian" animal icons......work with me Imp...work with me.

Not when it comes to those wailing red eyed demons. Blech.

Think what good attack forces they'd make, though. Drive the enemy out AND drive 'em insane at the same time. They'd be a vicious weapon, I tell you! Vicious!

Think what good attack forces they'd make, though. Drive the enemy out AND drive 'em insane at the same time. They'd be a vicious weapon, I tell you! Vicious!

Yeah, but what about the poor buggers that would have to round them up? *shudder*

And I just want to say I'm sorry. I had no idea it was going so badly for the Canucks. (I am one single paternal generation removed from Quebec!)

My men are happy, so I can't say boo about that. :grouphug:

Vancouver was outplayed. Simple.

Congrats.

Vancouver was outplayed. Simple.

Congrats.

Thanks? I really had no idea. I only connected the dots when I read this thread and heard the noise in the house. My guys like sports, but they are not rabid. There had been no sports talk here lately. However, my Euro dh has always been a huge hockey fan. I really had no idea via my males that there was hockey in June.

PS. I love Vancouver. It's so Pacific Northwest. ;) We have friends on one of the little islands in Vancouver. Gorgeous.

Edited by LibraryLover

That's all.....game 7 is about to start. It's been 18 years since the Stanley Cup was won by a Canadian team and since hockey is OUR sport........it's time to bring Stanley home :)

Go Vancouver!

Yeah, well, the Cup could've been not only in Vancouver, but right down the road from Lord Stanley's Park. Which only makes sense. Here's my post-game "analysis" that I posted on the Sonlight boards:

Oh my stinkin' heck. It is so seriously appropriate that I'm wearing black!!!!!!!!!! Is there anyone ~ ANYONE?!?!?!?! ~ who knows better than I the frustration of being a sports fanatic and living in a place where your chances of ever seeing a team win a championship are either non-existent, or suffer a slow, painful death?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you sensing my misery, my embarrassment, my frustration, my ANGER right now?!?!?!?

Thanks, Canucks. Thanks a lot. Because, ya know, Boston doesn't already have the Red Sox. And the Celtics. And the Patriots. It's not like that ONE city has a plethora of teams to support. Whereas the ENTIRE Pacific Northwest has to throw our support behind a handful of franchises. Thanks a LOT, Roberto Luongo, and I hope from the bottom of my heart the city of Vancouver showers you with the love you deserve. Thanks, "Sedin Sisters", for nuthin'.

Oh, my good grief. I'm mortified. I'm in mourning.

Did I mention I am PASSIONATE about sports and ~ hey! so what if my husband hates it and tells me in the most patronizing fashion to calm down. Call me crazy, but YES, I like to WIN.

P.S. This was a vent. Could you tell? Do yourself a favor and don't talk to me in person for at least 24 hours. Ugh.

I just went outside and threw rocks at a stone wall for five minutes while screaming at the top of my lungs. I'm crazed right now. At least my children don't beg to attend sporting events with me.