Menu

Calling Dr. Hive...blurry vision

for about 2-3 weeks now I have had more times of blurry vision than not...but it comes and goes. I wear contacts and so when I can see, I can see very clearly, but then often throughout my day, my eyes become blurry. They don't really hurt or water...sometimes they burn a little bit, but not usually...like just now..I started typing with perfect vision, but now it is blurry...I am thinking it could be seasonal allergies becasue the cottonwoods are really blowing right now...at night I put my glasses on and then I don't have the problem anymore...but they are not the right prescription so I can't wear them long term...now my eyes are fine again...see how quickly it can change? Sometimes it takes longer than other times. Is this weird or what??? I did call my eye doctor and they want to see me, but I know my visit won't be covered by insurance, so if between now and Monday I can figure something else out, I would like to do that. thanks for any and all thoughts on the this matter.

I've noticed mine being a little blurrier in the morning when I wake up and realized my eyes were dry. Putting drops in helped the blurriness. Could it be that?

I also thought I was getting a vision change due to age and my eyesight had actually improved a little and I needed less powerful contacts.

Since you don't have the problem at night, when you take your contacts out, I'd place my bets on the contacts. Or floaters. I don't realize my floaters are there until I get blurry vision. I blink and it moves and things aren't blurry anymore.

I'd try going without your contacts tomorrow and see if that's it.

:grouphug:

when you say you think it might be my contacts, what could it be...becasue the blurriness isn't all of the time...I guess my thought was could wearing my contacts and allergies combined be the issue? and if so, what can I do to aid in this so I can see more often than not?

My contacts would float away* if I didn't blink often enough which causes blurry vision.

* I mean not stay properly centered not that they covered much difference.

I tried the new & improved airflow ones and it mostly stopped.

when you say you think it might be my contacts, what could it be...becasue the blurriness isn't all of the time...I guess my thought was could wearing my contacts and allergies combined be the issue? and if so, what can I do to aid in this so I can see more often than not?

Anti-allergy eye drops might help.

My contacts would float away* if I didn't blink often enough which causes blurry vision.

* I mean not stay properly centered not that they covered much difference.

I tried the new & improved airflow ones and it mostly stopped.

hmmm...this is interesting...I will consider this too.

I went to the eye doc with this problem several months ago and was dx with astigmatism. I have glasses for when life is blurry and for driving but in the house I can get around fine without them. They make all the difference in the world when I'm driving. :)

I did not have contacts when the blurriness started so that was not part of the equation for me.

Last time that happened to me, I mentioned it to the chiro, since I go anyway and he fixed it up. Some spot in my neck was out of alignment so restricting blood flow to my eyes. I'd never heard of that before, and was most grateful because new glasses usually cost me about six hundred!

Rosie