Menu

Is there a planner that works on an iPad???

Mommyfaithe

I just found out a few ways that Homeschool tracker + will work on the ipad. If you have it on your desktop/laptop, you can use an app like logmein to access all of your programs on your computer. Also, if you just want to see your "weekly" plan, you can generate a report using HST+ and then send it as a pdf to your email. Then, if you have an app called goodreader (I think that is it), it will allow you to take notes on top of that pdf. I have opened lab sheets in a pdf and then "filled them in" using this app. I'm not sure you can print it out after you have your notes there, I haven't played with it enough.

Anyway, I plan on going the pdf route with my ipad. I figure I will benefit most from seeing my weekly plan and then being able to take note on how the week actually went. I prefer my laptop keyboard to the pop-up, on screen one, so I don't think I'd actually manipulate my data very often on the ipad.

All of this is on the HST+ discussion group off of the main HST+ page, under Q&A.

:)

You can purchase the iWork Suite for the iPad which will allow you to create word processing, spreadsheet and keynote documents. If you have a mac computer you can transfer the documents back and forth between the two. The suite set is $30.00. You can buy each individually for 9.99.

I use Planbook and I love it!

Have you had any trouble using Planbook? The reviews on the app store were not very good, but it sure does look attractive if it actually works well! How long did it take you to put all your info in there? I think Skedtrack might be more attractive since I could input my info on my laptop but have access to it on my iPad. I hate the thought of putting all that info in for the whole year using the iPad keyboard.

I've read some good things about Bento, but haven't looked into it much yet. I'd really like to be able to print off my plans for each child each week as I don't let my boys on my iPad. ;)

I'm attempting to use the app called Pages. You can create tables, etc. I set up a weeks worth to see how functional. I don't have experience with other things to compare it to though! Lol! I think it works for me. Ha! You Can email it, send as PDF, etc.

I'm attempting to use the app called Pages. You can create tables, etc. I set up a weeks worth to see how functional. I don't have experience with other things to compare it to though! Lol! I think it works for me. Ha! You Can email it, send as PDF, etc.

I have pages too, I like it. We have used it for my kids to generate "reports" on animals and such. It is a great little app that is easy for my son to manipulate.

Not an app, but since it's online I use the free Homeschool Skedtrack all the time on my iPad. I do some major planning in bed some nights.

I was just setting up Homeschool Skedtrack and I have a silly question. I'm assuming the assignments are what they call "activities"? Why cant they be input by the day they are to be completed? Do you just end up with a long running list of "activities" until the are marked as complete?

Have you had any trouble using Planbook? The reviews on the app store were not very good, but it sure does look attractive if it actually works well! How long did it take you to put all your info in there? I think Skedtrack might be more attractive since I could input my info on my laptop but have access to it on my iPad. I hate the thought of putting all that info in for the whole year using the iPad keyboard.

I've read some good things about Bento, but haven't looked into it much yet. I'd really like to be able to print off my plans for each child each week as I don't let my boys on my iPad. ;)

I was hesitant myself after reading the reviews, but I joined his yahoo group and noticed that he is prompt to respond to any questions. When I first loaded it, it didn't work so I had to reinstall. Now it is great. It took me maybe an hour to load all of my classes. You have to put time slots in, which I don't really pay attention to. So I put 10-10:30, 10:30-11, etc. I changed the headings to my two bigger kids names and there is a class "title" that I use if we are all working together. There is a place where I type in supplies needed and additional books, although I will lose those when I add the other kids (I could easily input them in the subject spot. You can also link web pages.

If you'd like me to send pictures of it in use on my iPad, just message me your address and I'll snap some. :001_smile:

So, planbook works on an ipad? Very cool.

If you have issues with the programme you can watch the tutorial videos. They are worth it to get the most out of the programme. ;) I love that I can make each person their own schedule and then have it all show on one page. :D