Menu

a question for Muslims...

I know about the religion, but not about day to day ettiquite. Would it be offensive if I contacted a local mosque and asked if they could arrange for a tour/field trip for our local homeschool group? I know that big churches sometimes do tours, but I don't know if that would be allowed in a mosque.

Thanks all! I just emailed the Islamic Society of Central Florida to see what they say. I was sad to see though that all the mosques are just storefronts, not stand alone pretty buildings. I guess it isn't just the Catholics that don't have pretty buildings in my area.

Muslim here, and no that wouldn't be offensive at all! Come on!!! Our local mosque has a monthly open house on Saturday afternoons for anyone in the area who'd want to come by and check it out.

You'll be taking your shoes off at the door so plan accordingly :) and don't offer to shake hands with the men (if you're female, and vice versa for a male guest).