Menu

Little Girl Hair help

We use a 'bump it' type thing for the pouf's at my dd's dance studio. There are different brands available, including Goody which can be found at Target. It's basically a 2" long roll of what looks like hair with a comb piece underneath. We use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Simple-Styles-Volume-Boost/dp/B003FVDNQO/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1306861850&sr=8-20 since the original "Bump It" brand is a hard comb that hurts their heads and tends to move if they roll on it.

We do a ear to ear part where the bangs and maybe some additional hair (depending on where the studio wants the pouf) is brushed forward, than the rest of the hair is brushed back (sometimes into a ponytail, sometimes into a bun). The comb on the Goody booster is pushed into the middle of the hair going toward the back of the head. Then the hair that was pulled forward is brought straight back, covering the booster and pinned behind it.

I tried to find a picture but unfortunately my dd never does normal pictures anymore - they are all goofy faces and weird poses.

first thing I thought of was those fundamentalist LDS ladies in the pastel prairie dresses. :blink:

astrid

She does wear pastel prairie dresses, but for the recital it will be "booty shorts," I've now googled the hair style and just can't picture it with booty shorts, tap shoes, knee-high socks and dancing to "Dynamite." At least it isn't a bun again. I think she'll need lots of hairspray to keep her hair back like that, and I have never teased anybody's hair.

Do you mean like Snooki?

Oh my. Is that a front poof too? It looks different that the simple, pulled back bangs look I saw when I first googled. I can not do that. Nope. Did I mention that I've never teased anyone's hair? I have cury hair. I wash it and leave it alone.