Menu

Quick Etiquette Questions (AWANA)

Tonight is their...presentation. It starts at 6:30. Kids need to be there by 6:15, I think. They told us, I don't remember, but this seems reasonable. (Ha! No wedding unreasonableness!)

Dh just called. He'll be home by 6:15. That means we'll get there at 6:30 at the earliest. My car is in the shop, so there's no alternative.

Here's the question: is it less rude to show up at that point or to not go? Dh doesn't have enough control over his schedule to have been *for sure* home sooner, so I don't blame him at all, but I'm pretty embarrassed to show up that late for an event that's so important to the AWANA leaders. (The kids, dh, & I really don't care about it but want to be respectful of the fact that they & probably the other kids DO.)

WWYD?

Can you call the leaders and let them know you'll be a bit late?

:iagree: If I'm organizing an event and people are prompt I feel that the event is respected, kwim? I wouldn't be angry if people had to be late and would prefer late to absent...but a phone call would feel better.

15 min late? Nah, I wouldn't sweat it. Go and enjoy yourselves.

But the kids are *in* it. All 4 of them, in 4 different classes.

I don't have a phone # for any of the leaders. :001_huh:

Alright, y'all agreed w/ dh. Again. I guess that means *I* need to go get dressed. :lol:

Who knows? Maybe traffic won't be as bad as he expects. I just feel SO crummy to be late.

It gets worse...the car seats are in the van. Dh is running later due to an accident. We've got a car seat in the garage for 2yo, but it's pretty too-little for him, & it's the kind that takes forever to install. Nothing for 4yo. Sedan only has 4 seats, so...either 4 dc crammed in the backseat, or somebody (me) stays home.

Ugh. I hate figuring these things out. Going home in my lap in the backseat of fil's house because the van broke down, & the whole trip is off the highway, only 5 min? Fine. Going somewhere *on purpose* 10 min away *on the highway* when we don't *have* to? Ugh.

It gets worse...the car seats are in the van. Dh is running later due to an accident. We've got a car seat in the garage for 2yo, but it's pretty too-little for him, & it's the kind that takes forever to install. Nothing for 4yo. Sedan only has 4 seats, so...either 4 dc crammed in the backseat, or somebody (me) stays home.

Ugh. I hate figuring these things out. Going home in my lap in the backseat of fil's house because the van broke down, & the whole trip is off the highway, only 5 min? Fine. Going somewhere *on purpose* 10 min away *on the highway* when we don't *have* to? Ugh.

I rescind my previous recommendation. When it gets TOO inconvenient, then stay home. If your DH wants to take a kid or two after he gets home, let them go while you stay home with your feet up and a good book....

:chillpill: