Menu

Sorority House update

Evidently the landlord contacted the City Manager regarding the letter the CM mailed about zoning and what constitutes a boarding house vs single family rentals. The landlord states that he is now renting the house to his parents (they are the ones who have been at the house every day doing the repair work) but "due to the situation they are now contemplating selling the property."

I guess we will continue to wait and see what happens.

Edited by The Dragon Academy

Evidently the landlord contacted the City Manager regarding the letter the CM mailed about zoning and what constitutes a boarding house vs single family rentals. The landlord states that he is now renting the house to his parents (they are the ones who have been at the house every day doing the repair work) but "due to the situation they are now contemplaing selling the property."

well, okay then.:D

That is a good topic of conversation for the weekend.;) Everyone can segue into fraternity house and sorority house stories and you can sit and listen.

well, okay then.:D

That is a good topic of conversation for the weekend.;) Everyone can segue into fraternity house and sorority house stories and you can sit and listen.

Oh, that's not going to happen. I am the only member of the immediate family to have attended college so that will be a one sided conversation.:glare:

Oh, that's not going to happen. I am the only member of the immediate family to have attended college so that will be a one sided conversation.:glare:

Well, okay then -- do not tip toe down the college story path.

Back to plan A -- lock those lips and don't open them. Honestly, that is what I do. My dh graduated Princeton and the ONLY time his parents were on campus was when he graduated. His father still doesn't understand why he didn't go to Rutgers instead. DH's brother went to Rutgers -- for 1/2 a semester. His parents tell everyone! They never mention dh.:glare:

It sounds like there may be hope yet.

Evidently the landlord contacted the City Manager regarding the letter the CM mailed about zoning and what constitutes a boarding house vs single family rentals. The landlord states that he is now renting the house to his parents (they are the ones who have been at the house every day doing the repair work) but "due to the situation they are now contemplaing selling the property."

I think everything depends on the culture of the particular school, but then, cc's aren't known for the best at times. I'm glad you're not going to have to deal with this anymore. Hopefully, the owner will look for a more suitable place for his plans (honestly, wouldn't closer to the college make more sense?).

We live near a very well known school and the "sorority" type houses, along with all the different "group services" buildings (aka Jewish Cultural House), are in the large houses right across the street from the college and all have signs posted that were made by the same company. Very streamlined and nice. There is even a "strip mall" type place next to the college/playing fields/tennis courts/houses that is geared towards the students (a pub, diner, cafe, clothing store, bank, furniture store...but all classy and geared towards the young and single). There is one Victorian house on a nice block of owned, single family homes that is a frat house, but never have we noticed any problems. Granted, it's in the middle of the city and there are less desirable neighbourhoods surrounding it (including mine).

All that to say, the school should consider a nice streamlined set up with the city if they want to go this route. It would be really good for both the school and the city.

Edited by mommaduck