Menu

What is your favorite cookware?

I purchased a set of Emeril Stanless Steel pots, that are made by All Clad, about a month ago and wowo they are fantastic. I was so happy to get rid of the Circulon (no more cleaning in those grooves) What I like about the Emeril wear

1. Heats up evenly

2. Heats up quickly

3. Handles do not get hot

4. Easy to clean

5. It is very sturdy.

I found a sale on it at Boscov's and got a 10 piece set for $169.00 plus they threw in an extra piece(steamer insert which is great) and a 4 piece steak knife set and a $20.00 Boscov's gift card (recently purchased Croc on sale with gift card)

I am one happy camper!!!

I love calaphon . I have a 4qt, and dutch oven, plus a large skillet with lid. They are a little pricey but cook fantastically well. I wait until a store (don't know if we are supposed to give names of stores or not) has a 20% coupon then I purchase one at a time.

Lodge cast iron skillets are great. I also love my Le Creuset dutch oven. :)

I recently got rid of my nonstick Caphalon because it was all scratched up. I replaced it (cheaply) with Lodge cast iron skillets - a huge one and a tiny one. In addition to building great upper body strength ;) they work very well for cooking.

All-Clad, hands-down. It is pricey, though. I have 3 pans that I have "collected" over the past few years. Someday, I'd like a whole set (stainless steel)--but the sets start at $400 or so and go up from there.

I shop a lot of thrift stores and yard sales and I have never found used All-Clad. I do see used All-Clad on Ebay, but it is still pretty expensive.

Belgique (now called "Tools of the Trade Belgique") stainless steel pots and pans have served us well for almost 16 years. My favorite pieces are the large covered skillet, Dutch oven, and the large saucepan and steamer insert. I don't know how the newer pieces compare to my old ones... I just bought a pasta pot with a lid that locks in place for draining, but I've only used it a few times.

I really don't have much of a sticking problem with my stainless. I read this in a cookbook once: "warm pan, cold oil, no stick" so I've always made sure that the pan is heated a bit before I add oil, butter, etc. If the scrambled eggs or something leaves too much mess I just wait until the pan has cooled, then add water and a few drops of Dawn detergent and let it sit for awhile...not a problem if you're patient!

I'm hesitant to use non-stick cookware on a regular basis, although I have a designated rice krispy treat pan! I'm also leery about using uncoated cast iron...it's good if you're a women and on the anemic side, but too much iron isn't good for men so that's one reason I don't use it.

I really don't have much of a sticking problem with my stainless. I read this in a cookbook once: "warm pan, cold oil, no stick" so I've always made sure that the pan is heated a bit before I add oil, butter, etc. If the scrambled eggs or something leaves too much mess I just wait until the pan has cooled, then add water and a few drops of Dawn detergent and let it sit for awhile...not a problem if you're patient!

What about fried potatoes? Can you get them nice and crispy without them sticking using this method? Also, can you put stainless steel in the dishwasher?

What about fried potatoes? Can you get them nice and crispy without them sticking using this method? Also, can you put stainless steel in the dishwasher?

Yes, mine go into the dishwasher all the time, althought I do a quick pre-wash (or sometimes soak) before they go in.

I do hashbrowns and potato pancakes on the stovetop and get good results. Those are the only stovetop potatoes (other than mashed!) that I do. My dd can't have a lot of oil in her food, so our version of "crispy" might not be crispy enough for you.