Menu

Colonial Williamsburg specials/packages

We had missed the hs week when we went, but the woman selling tickets gave us the discount anyway. She also stacked the hs discount and the military discount so we spent about half of what we expected to spend.

If that hadn't happened we planned on getting the ticket with admission to all 3 - Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. As it was, it was cheaper to use the discounts and buy the tickets individually.

I know that's not a ton of help, but just want to chime in. I will say it was the best vacation we've ever taken as a family. I would go back in a heartbeat.

This guy has 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom condos available. We booked 5 nights at the 4 bedroom, 3,000 sq. foot condo in September for $350 (for the whole 5 nights). I think the 2 bedroom was $175 for 5 nights.

Here's a link for the 2 bedroom: http://www.vrbo.com/78492

I'm not sure what the pricing is like for May but he was very easy to work with & I thought his prices were quite reasonable.

We are also going to Williamsburg next month! I would love to hear about other discounts as well. I found one good discount so far. For the teacher only (you as the homeschooling mom) are eligible for a 50% discount on the annual pass. We are staying a week and figured the annual passes would be a better deal since they are not much more than the 3 day and they provide additional perks and discounts. The only thing is you have to buy your discounted teacher pass in person but the passes for your family are cheaper if you buy them online. If you want to verify this call the 800 number for Williamsburg. I had a very helpful lady give me lots of suggestions.

Alison,

They told me with a 5 day stay, you could get passes for free, passes for your entire stay. Maybe you can inquire about that.

Maybe you can get that and save more?

That sounds like a great deal for you! We are staying in a time share that belongs to friends of ours so we can't get that deal (but we are very thankful for the place to stay! :D).

Have you stumbled across other threads about Williamsburg on this board? I have been meaning to check and get going on my plans but keep getting distracted :willy_nilly:

I just talked to Bill, the man who has that listing, and he was wonderful! $200 for a 2-bedroom unit for 5 nights - Sunday to Friday during homeschool week in September. So glad I checked the boards this morning! ;) It's going to be a WTM vacation at the Powatan Resort!

We stayed at the Powhatan Resort when we went! They were really much nicer than I expected - we got our reservation through the afvclub.com website.

They do have an indoor pool available - dh took the kids swimming every night so I could have a little quiet time.

Thank you!!! He quoted me $550 for our stay! Still contemplating, hubby wants to be closer to the conference but I really like the look of that place!!!

We've stayed there, at Powhatan, in one of the condos that looks exactly like that one. It is very nice and comfortable. We had a first floor unit, and it had a hot tub.

Don't you WANT to go with all the other homeschoolers, Stacy?!! ;)

I decided to go in September because we'll have finished our first six-week term of school, so this will be our first vacation, the discounts are great, and the weather will be more predictable...predictably hot, but lots of swimming opportunities at the Powhatan Resort. I'm so excited...I'm probably just going to post that every week until September... :lol:

Stacey - i went to HS week this past Feb/March. They have really deep discounts on tickets.. and they have extra classes/tours/etc just for the homeschoolers. They had the Benjamin Powell house open for only homeschoolers and it was a fabulous tour. We also signed up for the Mechanics of the Trades Simple Machines tour and that was really awesome as well. The weather - it was near 60 one day and 50 the other day... we LOVED the weather. In Sept we did Jamestown HS week and that was 95 and miserable :)

Oh, I would so very much prefer to be around other homeschoolers. I have enough problems with the PS girl down the street and don't want to deal with that on 'vacation'.

The weather has been wonderful this winter/spring really (we live about 4 hours south of Williamsburg). I imagine we won't get that lucky next year! My rugrats are 11 and under and I see them getting more out of Williamsburg during the February/March theme than the more 'revolutionary/political' theme in September.

Right now it is in my mind to go during February/March next year or the year after, hopefully. And take a quick side trip to Great Wolf Lodge also. The rugrats love GWL. I will have to check out these condos when the time comes. It is hard finding inexpensive lodging for large families.