Menu

MIRACLe METHOD BATHROOM PICS: Who wanted to see them?

These are not great -- there will be better ones on Wednesday, OR I could take some more and email them to you and at least you would see more than two.

The larger squares were dark blue (shower stall) and are now 'granite' I think. Those are the 2nd photo

The floor (small squares and rectangles) were different shades of blue and the grout was disgusting - as was the grout in the shower. small squares - floor -- 1st photo.

Both shower and floor have a certain amount of gloss BUT they are not slippery. They feel powdery -- in fact, everyone who sees it wants to take off their shoes and see how it feels -- it actually feels really nice. We LOVe it -- we saved so much $$$ and time doing it this way. Our realtor was speechless -- he is currently renovating a house and he asked for MM's contact info.

Let me know if you'd like to see more pix.

post-10544-13535084831952_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084832326_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084831952_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084832326_thumb.jpg

Oh wow! Gorgeous!

I have bathroom envy....I put tile on the floor, but my counter tops and sink AND tub are all just ugh. Counter top is WHITE formica. Grumble grumble....

Edited by Scarlett
Edit: Oh, but I don't dare mention it to dh because he immediately wants to rip it all out for me. :) Granite counter....

Lovely! Can I ask approximate cost?

Marina did you DIY or have a professional do it? The pics look great!

We got a quote from a bathtub refinishing company a few years back that was $2,400~! Yikes.

Normal sized shower stall, floor of shower stall and floor in bathroom --

I measured (:hurray:) -- it measured 4 feet x 10 feet (that is the ENTIRE bathroom). The entire 10 feet width includes the bathroom floor and the shower stall floor. The bathroom is 4 feet deep. We put in a new toilet and new vanity -- basic toilet and a really nice special order vanity and sink from Lowe's.

The miracle method process cost total: $1450. for our bathroom.

It takes three days -- the first day is the longest - the guy was probably here for 4-5 hours. Second day, he was here an hour. Third day, he was here for 30 minutes. The stuff needs 5 days till you can shower after that and then you are set.

I have to tell you, for the size of the bathroom, we spent $2000. including MM and the vanity and toilet and new medicine cabinet.

We spent about $7000. on the kids' bathroom which is a little bigger and we had it completely retiled using some high end glass tile, we went from one sink to two pedestal sinks - and we had all the work done by someone else. If we were going to stay here, I think I would have MM'd the kids' bathroom as well. But, we wanted to make a BIG impression with their bathroom as their bathroom is also the bathroom that guests use as we do not have a powder room so we went the tile route.

Honestly, though, the MM bathroom is going to be as drop dead gorgeous as the expensive tiled bathroom. WHAT a HUGE difference for a relatively small amount of $$$. And let me tell you, that bathroom was disgusting!

Wow! I've never heard of the Miracle Method before, the before and after pics on the website look great. Great job Mariann!

Thank, Tina -- but all I did was make the appointment for the estimate and I had to keep insisting to dh that it was going to look great - which I was confident about - he was the doubter.

Before I called them, I saw a similar process on a display in Home Depot -- so I went home and searched on google and that's how I found MM.

I know that they are probably independently owned franchises - so I cannot speak for all of them, but the franchise that we used (out of Manassas) was excellent. Showed up when they said they would, explained everything, they were a pleasure to deal with.

Thank you so much for posting this. We too are getting ready to sell a house and the master bathroom is one of our remaining renovations prior to sale. I refuse to put our house on the market with the bathroom as is. This looks like a terrific and much easier option than the rip out and retile we have been discussing (and dreading).

DH is calling our local franchise tomorrow to investigate.

I learn so much on these boards. :001_smile: