Menu

Where to go with logic

I am planning our curriculum for next year. This past year ds7 did Mindbenders logic puzzles and that was about it for logic. He seems bored with logic and number puzzles, they are super easy for him, but I don't know if he is ready for a more strenuous logic program. He is definitely not in the logic stage yet, but I am starting to see glimmers of logical thinking - mostly deductive reasoning, but occasionally inductive as well. Is there a next level up puzzle type approach to logic, or a very simple intro to formal logic that would be appropriate at this stage?

He does play chess, and he likes games like castle defender and bloons tower defense (which he has now gotten dh and I hooked on too, lol) that involve strategy on placing the defenders. Logic Countdown looks like a good place to go next. And I like that it is the first of 3, so I can just order the next one when he finishes it. Hopefully that will carry us through til he is ready for a more formal logic program.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)