Menu

50th Wedding Anniversary Gift?

My in-laws will be celebrating their 50th anniversary this summer and we have no idea what to get them.:willy_nilly: We'll be traveling to see them (I think) and so are not planning on an expensive gift but we do want to give something. They don't seem to want/need anything though. They don't like for us to send big gifts at any other time of the year so we usually do homemade crafts from the girls or funny calendars and such. I am completely stumped. They are great people who adopted five children, are retired, live outside of Vegas and love their dog. Any suggestions?

One of the neatest things my grandparents got at their 50th anniversary was a big basket filled w/ 50 golden apples. They loved it & I thought it was a very neat, thoughtful gift.

My grandfather was a candy nut, so someone else gave them (really him) a candy bowl w/ 50 of the Hershey Kisses that are wrapped in gold foil.

Would they like a donation in their name?

Usually 50th you give something gold, but that is not always easy.

Could you sponsor 50 of something?

50 chickens through Heifer International

50 backpacks with school supplies through Christian Appalachian Project

How about a studio portrait of the whole family in a lovely gold frame?

Or one of those family trees, where there is an actual water color image of a tree that underlies the names, again in a gold frame?

I had thought of a family portrait but one of my dh's brothers passed unexpectedly a few years ago and I don't think it would be a good idea. Thanks though!

Would they like a donation in their name?

Usually 50th you give something gold, but that is not always easy.

Could you sponsor 50 of something?

50 chickens through Heifer International

50 backpacks with school supplies through Christian Appalachian Project

A donation might be a good idea since they do a lot of charity work. I'll have to ask dh to look into the organizations they work with the most. Thanks!

I gave my folks a sterling silver antique (Edwardian) toast rack, which they used in the front hall to hold letters, etc. They loved it.

They did just purchase a new home so maybe there is something they need. I'll have to get dh to ask his siblings who live closer. Thanks!