Menu

Costco eyewear, how generous is their warranty?

No. My husband bought some extremely expensive ones because of his correction needs. Our puppy got hold of them and we had no luck getting any help.

But you know, that was a while ago and maybe you'll get a manager (always speak to the manager) who will have pity and help you out?

I've NEVER had problems with Costco's customer service in the optical department. I have had to replace frames within the first year--that was done without a hitch.

Once my dh put his glasses down on the bed--and I sat on them. (oops!) Got the frame replaced.

Call them. Talk to the manager of the department.

A bit ot, but my eye doctor tells everyone to get their glasses rx filled anywhere but Costco. He says they have had tons of problems with them. Could just be my area. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

The best glasses I've ever gotten have been from Costco. maybe its just your area.

Do you have an Eyemart Express in your area? They are super cheap (around $50 for glasses and ready in an hour) and they include a free one year no questions asked warranty.

In fact, I broke my glasses twice last year (TOTALLY my fault and it was a REALLY long year) and they gave me brand new glasses each time with no questions, no paperwork, no receipt, or any hassle. They just looked me up in their computer and told me to come back in an hour for my new pair.

I'm sure they were glad when that year was up. :lol:

I know you're asking about your Costco glasses, I'm just thinking about next time.

I am surprised that some of you had bum experiences with Costco optical. I may try Zinni because glasses add up!

Anyway, I took her just to try. The lady there was very nice. She immediately checked to see if they had the frames on hand. Fortunately, all my girl did was break off an arm so it was a much easier fix than I feared. The glasses were repaired without charged, thankfully.

I am surprised that some of you had bum experiences with Costco optical. I may try Zinni because glasses add up!

Anyway, I took her just to try. The lady there was very nice. She immediately checked to see if they had the frames on hand. Fortunately, all my girl did was break off an arm so it was a much easier fix than I feared. The glasses were repaired without charged, thankfully.

I'm so glad!

We use Costco and have no gripes. We had much the same experience as you, and like you, Costco came through. We have 5 family members dealing with Costco and have never had anything messed up.

• 2 years later...
Guest Ohiocal

Costco has one of the best repair and return policy I have found. My daughters glasses we bought in 2007 they replaced them do to a broken arm. And a pair I ordered with progressive lenses I just got two days ago were feeling like they were slipping and if they were sitting up didn't allow my eyelashes to blink. They gave me total refund and ordered me a new frame and lens at a discount:) I love costco!!