Menu

Stinky Feet - HELP!

One of my daughters has them bad, and I mean bad. We need to fix this, not just cover it up before we all need gas masks. We're in Chapter 25 of SOTW2 and I have this image of each member of our family donning plague doctor bird masks stuffed with flower petals in order to save us from the stinky feet plague...

Put deodorant on her feet. (Not kidding-- a climber friend of mine swore by this.)

I've heard putting shoes in the freezer (in plastic bags) kills the stinky-foot bacteria in the shoes, but I haven't tried it myself.

Get spray deoderant/antipersperant. (stop both the sweating and the smell) The spray is easy to apply.

Stay away from cheap/manmade /plastic shoes (feet cannot breathe, so they sweat)

Try to stick with cotton bottoms (tennnis shoes) and leather soles and uppers.

If child has a problem with the "cuteness" of the shoes, tell her that she will have more friends with ugly shoes than stinky feet.

Lara

I was just buying some tea tree oil the other day to try on my dd's acne and the sales clerk was explaining how it's good for so many other things too, like stinky feet and shoes. Maybe rubbing her feet with it, or a few drops in her shoes would work. Haven't tried this yet, but I was planning on sneaking some in dh's shoes;-)