Menu

"The Teacher is unavailable for the next 20 minutes."

That's what I just said to my kids because each one decided they wanted to argue as to why they couldn't do a simple assignment I had just given them. My son has been at it for the last hour. My daughter started in right as we were starting an assignment because "this is not how I'm used to it." :001_huh:

Anyone else having a morning like this?:glare:

There is something to be said for peer pressure, you know, those institutions where all 35 children are given the same assignment and they just do it because everyone else is doing it.

My kids have NO CLUE what that is like and have fought me on EVERY issue today.

ARGH!

Dawn

Turned out the teacher was not available for about an hour and a half! By the end of the 20 minutes, I realized that my attitude needed adjusting and I wasn't quite there yet. So, I made myself some lunch and told my daughter that she was responsible for preparing lunch for herself and her brother. Then I said she was responsible for helping her brother with math and I went and took a nap. "I'm much better now." ;)

I knew I was done over the weekend when I told my d/s & d/d who were bickering that I was sending them to peer mediation. I then sent another d/s into the room and told him to help them settle their nonsense.

I didn't hear anymore about it, so must have worked.:tongue_smilie: