Menu

My husband is FURIOUS at Turbo Tax........

For the (perceived) delay in letting their customers know that their stimulus checks would not be coming per direct deposit.

He wrote them and said we'd never again be a customer.

He thinks a class action suit will be constructed.

It IS infuriating. We've been relying on the $1200 deposit today for as long as it was scheduled. Only to find out that it's not coming until next month (on top of all our other stuff).

He is dumping a bunch of his emotional energy into reacting to this. I can't blame him.

does this affect free-filers? I am not sure, but I do hope your dh get some answers!

As I understand it, it only affects those who paid for their filing out of their refund. Those transactions were handled by a third-party bank. If you paid by credit card, through your bank account, or free filed, you're not affected.

We used Turbo Tax to file and received our rebate via direct deposit today.

I read somewhere that it only affects filers who agreed to have their turbo-tax filing fees deducted from their refund. Turbo tax filed those through a 3rd party account instead of using the filer's bank account for direct deposit (so that they could deduct their fees and forward the remainder to the filer).

For the (perceived) delay in letting their customers know that their stimulus checks would not be coming per direct deposit.

He wrote them and said we'd never again be a customer.

He thinks a class action suit will be constructed.

It IS infuriating. We've been relying on the $1200 deposit today for as long as it was scheduled. Only to find out that it's not coming until next month (on top of all our other stuff).

He is dumping a bunch of his emotional energy into reacting to this. I can't blame him.

I'm sorry. You folks have been under such tremendous financial pressure, it must have felt like "the last straw."

(((Joanne and DH)))

We don't think we arranged to pay the fee through our tax refund, but we did use TT, and we have not yet received our stimulus payment, either. Hmmm.

Where did your DH find this out? I went to TT's site and there's no sign of that information. I'd like to investigate this myself some more.

Thanks,

WTMCassandra

We used Turbo Tax and our was deposited today right on schedule.

I didn't read other responses so I apologize if I am repeating...

Did you get your original refund via direct deposit? If not, or if you had to pay taxes they probably don't have your bank information.

Sorry for the delay for you though. :(

Alison

As I understand it, it only affects those who paid for their filing out of their refund. Those transactions were handled by a third-party bank. If you paid by credit card, through your bank account, or free filed, you're not affected.

We used Turbo Tax to file and received our rebate via direct deposit today.

Same here we received ours in dd today